WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What is the most recognized watch brand among the general public?

• Blancpain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Breitling

• Cartier

• Citizen

• Fossil

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Hublot

• IWC

• Lange & Söhne

• Longines

• Montblanc

• Omega

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Panerai

• Patek Philippe

• Pulsar

• Rado

• Rolex

Votes: 141 79.7%
  • Seiko

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • TAG Heuer

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Vacheron Constantin

• Zenith

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not an impossible question like "what's the best watch brand?".

Basically, the question can be reformulated as such:
If you ask "what is the most prestigious and expensive watch brand?" to 1000 random people (NOT experts on the subject of watches), which brand is going to be picked the most? And which brands would get 2nd and 3rd place?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Rolex, easily. Number 2 would be a toss up between Omega and Tag heuer, both of whom are marketing experts.

·
Banned
138 Posts
Just like Kleenex is the brand that's become synonymous with tissue and Coke is the brand that's synonymous with cola, Rolex is the brand that's synonymous with luxury watches.

….. but the OP had to know that which makes me wonder why this thread was started.

·
Premium Member
21,809 Posts
This isn't even close.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Just like Kleenex is the brand that's become synonymous with tissue and Coke is the brand that's synonymous with cola, Rolex is the brand that's synonymous with luxury watches.

….. but the OP had to know that which makes me wonder why this thread was started.

Perhaps because he's/she's new here (first post) and really didn't know all the answers to all of the questions asked here in the past twenty years. Oh, and wasn't familiar with the "search function."

·
Registered
15,267 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
I think this poll won't reflect the true reality as Rolex will always be the number 1 recognized watch on the streets.

What is interesting is the recognition behind Rolex. I think that this poll should give several possible votings, at least for the second and third most easily recognized watches as well. Among the general public, I'd even say that the Big Bang and ROO are more easily spotted than any Rolex, atleast when I listen to my (non WIS) friends who's often commenting on these watches but they always seem to miss out on the Rolex's and Omega's as they are more common to their case/bracelet shape/overall looks.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts