WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the exact name or reference number for this strap? (20mm version to fir a 42 Planet Ocean)

Has it been discontinued? because I recently enquired about it at the Omega Boutique and they said the only rubber option for the Planet Ocean was the deployant one.

Really would like to get this strap, so if anyone knows where I could get a OEM 20mm version, would really appreciate that.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think Ofrei still have them. I was looking for springbars on their site a few weeks and saw this. Bear in mind you need to buy the buckle, keepers and two extra long springbars separately in addition to the strap if you go with Ofrei

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

So the strap has been discontinued by Omega then and is only available from the above site?

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
So the strap has been discontinued by Omega then and is only available from the above site?
OB staff are not always as well-informed as they should be :)

I would go to a Service Center with the ref. number above and ask to see their rather large catalog with all the straps currently available.

If the strap is not there, give them the ref. number and ask them to check if it can be ordered from Bienne.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Just remember if you get the above rubber strap that you'll need extra long springbars. You can use the ones that come with the steel bracelet but apparently there's a risk those could come loose due to the flex of the rubber.

I played it safe and bought the longer ones

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Teeritz for that catalogue page. Will show it to the salesperson at the OB.

Just remember if you get the above rubber strap that you'll need extra long springbars. You can use the ones that come with the steel bracelet but apparently there's a risk those could come loose due to the flex of the rubber.

I played it safe and bought the longer ones

Is this longer springbar used for any of the current straps? would make it easier to tell the salesperson this to make sure I get the longer one indeed and the bracelet one.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
if ordered from an ad or boutique you get specific springbars with the strap. dont forget to order the buckle along . It doesnt come with the rubber.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
That strap does NOT come with the buckle or springsbars btw. You have to buy them separately. I ordered mine from Ofrei about 5 months ago. I love the rubber dive strap and I think it's the most comfortable option on my PO.

Watch Analog watch Wrist Strap Watch accessory
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Loving the look on that rubber. Is yours a 42mm?
Also, how much did you pay for the strap, bars and buckle from Ofrei including shipping?

That strap does NOT come with the buckle or springsbars btw. You have to buy them separately. I ordered mine from Ofrei about 5 months ago. I love the rubber dive strap and I think it's the most comfortable option on my PO.

View attachment 6704330
View attachment 6704346
View attachment 6704362
View attachment 6704370
View attachment 6704386
View attachment 6704394
View attachment 6704418
View attachment 6704426
View attachment 6704474

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
FYI, I just ordered the same strap (Seamaster, not PO version) from an AD and it was about half the price compared to Ofrei.

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
FYI, I just ordered the same strap (Seamaster, not PO version) from an AD and it was about half the price compared to Ofrei.
Yeah Ofrei's prices have gotten out of hand. I got my new mesh strap for way less at the local AD. Plus all those screws and pins, he has several hundred percent mark up on those.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How is this strap in terms of quality and fit?
Does it collect dust easily? and is it soft or stiff like the Seiko ones?

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
How is this strap in terms of quality and fit?
Does it collect dust easily? and is it soft or stiff like the Seiko ones?
It's of much better quality than those cheap and nasty silicon rubber straps that tend to pick up dust easily. Great thickness. It basically has a similar life-span to leather, so you should get 2.5 to 3.5 years out of it, depending on its exposure to perspiration, salt/ chlorinated water, etc.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Yeah Ofrei's prices have gotten out of hand. I got my new mesh strap for way less at the local AD. Plus all those screws and pins, he has several hundred percent mark up on those.
Absolutely. I made a considerable saving on Ofrei prices recently when I bought a leather strap and deployant from the Omega Service Center.

And it's always worth checking the reliable eBay sellers. I bought a brand new Ploprof 600 "Isofrane-style" rubber strap WITH buckle for USD 161 - delivered. Ofrei charges 271 + unreasonably high shipping. I think I made an even greater saving when I bought OEM mesh from Watchco.

I'm honestly not dissing Ofrei - they clearly are an incredible resource - I'm just saying you don't have to use them. As well as Omega themselves, there are other, more reasonably-priced competitors out there if you take your time and make the effort to seek them out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts