WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Today I bought my personal "Grail" a Seamaster 176.007. It's in pretty good shape but I'm going to ask my watchmaker to take a look at it and get in in great condition.

First pic, you can see it needs some work:

I bought it on a strap, non-original, so I was wondering what bracelet it came with back in the days. I guess it might be the same as my Seamaster 145.019?

Thanks in advance for your replies,

Paul

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The original band is a 1170 with 653 end links. This is discontinued. Occasionally available on auction sites. The replacement is use is the 1162/172
Thanks, the last one is the one I got on my Seamaster 145.019. Is there a big difference between the two? I'm not sure I ever saw one with a 1170.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Not sure if this answers your question, but the 1170 also fits the 145.019 - but with different endlinks. The one in your picture of the 145.019 looks like a 1162 ?

Thanks, the last one is the one I got on my Seamaster 145.019. Is there a big difference between the two? I'm not sure I ever saw one with a 1170.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Big congrats, Paul! I think I may have mentioned at some point, that it's one of my favorites.

As Joe mentioned the ref.1170 is the original bracelet. It's identical to the very common 1171, but is 22, rather than 20mm. The 1170 has been discontinued for a very long time and is tough to find, though they do pop up on ebay, occasionally. The bad thing is, the endpieces are even more difficult to find, and there are two types that work: ref.653 and...man, I just searched everywhere on my hard drive to find the other, but I must've lost it. I think it's ref.120, but I can't recall for sure. I know it's been posted around here, before, so you might dig around.

If you happen to find the end pieces, they work perfectly fine with an 1171; it's just not quite as wide. Here's an 1171 with 653 endpieces.

And, here's the 1170.

eric

·
Registered
582 Posts
Nice catch Paul. That dial looks in good shape.

I think the 176.007 is fast becoming my grail as well. Just waiting for the planets to align (right watch, right price, right seller, cashed up and wife looking the other way b-))

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I have to say that both bracelets look great and don't make a big difference for me. The 653 endlinks look a bit better than the 120's IMHO.

The hunt continues :-d

·
Registered
492 Posts
Would anyone venture to remove links on an 1170 bracelet themselves? Or take to a jeweler? Or an Omega AD/Omega itself for something like that on a band that rare?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Would anyone venture to remove links on an 1170 bracelet themselves? Or take to a jeweler? Or an Omega AD/Omega itself for something like that on a band that rare?
Take it to a watchmaker. If you damage the watch or the bracelet you would regret you didn't take 30 min off your day to take it to someone who knows how to do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts