WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being the watch nut that I am I find I stare many times at people wrists trying to see what watch they wear.
I commute to work and back via bus and subway so I get to see many people everyday.
In most cases if people wear watches I dont recongine they watches, these in most cases are cheap quartz watchs but in some cases I do recognise.

The watch I see the most and recognise is Omega Seamaster.
Second most common is the Rolex Submariner.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
In construction I see cheap plastic watches or metal Timex type things.

I don't punch the Office Building time card so I don't see a lot of watches in my business.

I will say the only real watch I've seen come into my office was a Seamaster PO.

besides the watches on my wrist I will add.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Despite what others have said in the Speedmaster Cliche thread, the Speedmaster remains one of the top watches I have seen in the wild. Others in no particular order:

Rolex Daytona
Rolex Sub
Panerai (various models)
Omega Seamaster
Victorinox (various models)
G-Shock

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Casio, I think that's what they call them.
The stand outs are the INVICTA's....because they are so BIG.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
In my two years as a watch voyeur, I've spotted many Fossil watches and several unknown but really large watches that had to be in the 50+ range. I recall seeing this chunky gold plated piece that overwhelmed this one guy's wrist. I also recall seeing a similarly sized watch dangling on the wrist of a thin girl at the counter. I was wearing a 36mm watch at the time, so I felt a little self-conscious. G-shocks seem to be prevalent among adults and teens.

I sometimes take the same subway car with a guy who wears a Seiko SKX007. I don't know him, but I like his choice in a daily wear piece. So far, it's the only SKX007 I've spotted in the wild.

Walking through the streets of Manhattan, I come across Omega Seamasters and the occasional Rolex. I never had the opportunity to take a closer look, so I couldn't tell if they were sporting fakes.

At my local supermarket, I spotted a blue dialed gold Rolex sub on the wrist of an older man, but upon closer inspection while waiting behind him, it turned out to be an Invicta.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
When I was a kid in the late '70s and early '80s I remember seeing a lot of Rolexes on men around me, whether people I knew or strangers at the mall.

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
Mostly Seiko quartz and Citizen Eco Drive, if anything at all. I work in an office. The managers have some nicer watches, TAGs, Movado, Breitling, a Rolex here or there. There's even one watch obsessed managing director who I've seen wearing JLC, Breitling, and IWC, as well as many vintage pieces I haven't been able to identify.

·
Registered
74 Posts
On men: Invicta
On women: Michael Kors

I see a lot of 'real' luxury brands in the wild (e.g. Rolex, OMEGA), but in general, I see more Invicta and Michael Kors watches than each of the other brands out there.

Reactions: Mot524 and bacari

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
MEN - Quartz Seikos, Datejusts, Subs, Explorers.
WOMEN - Datejusts, Seiko DJ homages, fashion crap watches

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Here in NYC I see tons of rolexes - mostly datejusts and subs. A lot of business guys over 40 are wearing datejusts.
On the flip side a lot of kids are wearing G's. I see them everywhere now in lots of different colors.

·
Banned
4,234 Posts
In South Dakota the fashionable among us wear Fossil. After that it's G-shock or similar. Sometimes an Omega and rarely a Rolex. This is a very rural part of the US. While it's practically nothing for somebody to spend 50-70K on a truck, they rarely wear watches and when it happens it's quite often <200$.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Submariner? I think I'm the only dude in Tampa wearing one.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
In the USA. I see virtually all quartz. The most commonly seen is unrecognizable cheap quartz. After that, I see quite a few Citizen/Eco Drive watches. Once in awhile I will see a Seiko quartz or an Invicta or a Movado. I almost never see a mechanical watch, and when I do it is almost always a Rolex. However, I go to China, I see all kinds of watches from different makers on people's wrists.

·
Moderator Public Forum
2,876 Posts
As someone already said, I see mostly Michael Kors on women with Michelle watches coming in a distant second. On men, I see Citizen and Invicta alot and on young men/teenagers I see a whole lot of G-shocks.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts