WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I read a Chinese watch book, and it mentioned this part, but I don't know its English name. This is a new type developed in 1973 and used on Beijing 17 jewels thin movement. It has no that tiny spring that is easy to break and lose.
The book says that the part was tested by Beijing Watch Factory for equivalent of 20 years service life, and the wear and distortion is less than 0.01mm.|> However, it was not widely used on later watches. Perhaps it is costly to make?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Usually just the "click." And the little spring is the "click spring."

The click amost never wears out, it is only rubbing on the gear when the movement is being wound.

That particular design differs from the many different types I have encountered by not having a screw holding it in place, but it appears that the inner post is upset to form a rivit head to retain the click. And, it does have a spring, it is on the back side of the plate, you can just see it through the hole at about 8 o'clock.

It was probably dropped because it was too cheap looking, and the cost of a screw and a tapped hole aren't that much in comparison.

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually just the "click." And the little spring is the "click spring."

The click amost never wears out, it is only rubbing on the gear when the movement is being wound.

That particular design differs from the many different types I have encountered by not having a screw holding it in place, but it appears that the inner post is upset to form a rivit head to retain the click. And, it does have a spring, it is on the back side of the plate, you can just see it through the hole at about 8 o'clock.

It was probably dropped because it was too cheap looking, and the cost of a screw and a tapped hole aren't that much in comparison.
Thanks. So it is a click.:) I removed the screw to show you a clear image. The click has no spring,and that is why it is special, and why it was tested for 20 years service life. It has a tiny slit that opens when winding.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Thanks. So it is a click.:) I removed the screw to show you a clear image. The click has no spring,and that is why it is special, and why it was tested for 20 years service life. It has a tiny slit that opens when winding.
Ok, it is the click and the click spring, clever design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts