WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to buy this interesting time piece from 1955. I know of J. Schulz gold watches but Schultz? Could it be a redialing mistake? What even is this thing exactly? All I know is that it is 14k gold.... I didn't even know how to swing the watch out to look at the movement or anything.
20190713_161911_resized.jpg 20190713_161917_resized.jpg 20190713_161922_resized.jpg 20190713_161927_resized.jpg

·
Registered
605 Posts
IWhat is this? Redialed?

Does it fold open and stand up? Maybe a combination pocket watch and travel clock? It’s a neat piece!

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
There appears to be a small protrusion at 2 o'clock, which is presumably intended to lift out the inner case. As to what it is, I presume it's a travel clock indeed - it doesn't have any means of attaching a chain or strap, so that's the only plausible explanation.

Reactions: Old_Tractor

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
My first thought was also travel clock. Other than that, there's not much to go on in those photos.

I'd like to see what it looks like when unfolded and set up as a clock.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
It appears to be a coin pocket watch, but without a coin face. Possibly crafted by a goldsmith.

As Dan mentioned. Tab at 2 to lift movement out to wind and remove back for movement access

Crown is a replacement due to color and poor fit

10% over scrap gold value due to plain case (no coin face), incorrect crown, inscription, no name company and it's a PW.

AP version

DON

·
Registered
887 Posts
I haven't seen 'travel clock - pocket watch' before and it looks really stunning, brilliant idea. Too bad it's not all original as the experts claim.
I find the dial attractive too, as it looks like mother of pearl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts