WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Anyone have an idea what this watch is worth??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well first of all, you can google "Arthur Jackson pocket watch" and see what you find.

And the answer to the second question is always the same: Things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not able to find anytime when I google the Arthur Jackson pocket watch. That is why I cams here

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Hi Marc, I believe the forum rules prohibit "Valuations" but you may end up with some replies.

·
Moderator at Large
53,071 Posts
I am not able to find anytime when I google the Arthur Jackson pocket watch. That is why I cams here
Try again, took me 5 sec.

7C716603-8119-4758-A8B3-41DD491532B0.jpeg

Powered by a Minerva cal. 9 btw

Moved thread to the more suitable forum. In order to get the best result possible it might help to familiarize with our fora prior to posting.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Frankly this looks like a pocket chronograph with what might be some sort of Valjoux movement. Does anyone recognize it?

Edit: No, not Valjoux.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
This may help. An extremely similar Minerva pocket chronograph recently sold on eBay, so I suspect this is a Minerva movement. The selling price was 350gbp=$470, however, the movement on the eBay watch was really beautifully finished. So I suspect yours would not sell for quite as much, but it seems to have some value.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stunning-V-Scarce-Vintage-c1930-Minerva-9-Chronograph-Pocket-Watch-Military-/362166945429?hash=item5452d50695:g:WVEAAOSwhVxaFwBR&nma=true&si=ykBTvg%2Fm4nh%2FzeXYoQR7vk8w%2BXQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

minervadial.jpg

minervamovement.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like the hammer spring isn't seated all the way - nice watch!
What’s the hammer? The button to start the second hand doesn’t work. I was thinking about getting a leather band to put it on and wear it as a wrist watch!

·
Registered
733 Posts
What’s the hammer? The button to start the second hand doesn’t work. I was thinking about getting a leather band to put it on and wear it as a wrist watch!

I was referring to dan's photo... The hammer resets the chrono hands to zero. That's a nice watch I wouldn't alter it in any way.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would polishing it up and having new crystal put in devalue it at all? I’m new to the watch community but I saw somewhere online leather watch bands that had holders for pocket watches.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol am I being trolled? That looks ridiculous to me ... please don't let anyone but a qualified watch person touch it.
Haha, yes I was joking with you....there’s a guy in my area who specializes in pocket watches I’ll take it to him and update you guys with the results!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts