Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. I might have a flutter on that. :think:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Interesting. I might have a flutter on that. :think:
They're an interesting stage in the G-Shock lineage. If you have a look at Sjor's vintage page you can see the the DW-5900, DW-6000, DW-6100, DW-6200, DW-6300 and DW-6400; all amazing watches and all different to each other.
I like series. :)

http://www.g-peopleland.com/Vintage%20Menu.htm

Good luck Lexxorcist !

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
6 buttons and no light? :-s That is certainly different.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,555 Posts
Hi Lexxorsist,

Somehow this model was never really popular, though it has a 1000th of a second stopwatch (now you only need a very accurate thumb). I'm not sure the manual is available on-line, but you sure can use one, since it has quiet some features and with so many buttons you might expect it works different from 4 and 5 button models. No light (as the DW-5900), but a very interesting watch.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Yes, very interesting this watch. I think that I could warm up to this one. It might take some time, but still.... :think:

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Fulfills my criteria! Ugly and chunky! I'll post a pic when it arrives and the batteries in!

Sorry to outbid you Lex I've been watching it for 5 days but I waited until that '2 nuns' beat your bid.

Also I see it as a Rally tribute to the recently departed Colin McCrae R.I.P

Cheers

Hooch!

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry to outbid you Lex I've been watching it for 5 days but I waited until that '2 nuns' beat your bid.
Why you little...

Seriously, congratulations and I'm glad it went to someone here. :-!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Damn, I didn't know Mcrae died... that sucks.
You're right, it is definitely ugly and chunky, haha. But kind of cool at the same time.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Cheers mate, like I said, i waited until you were outbid before I put my bid in and I had been watching it long before this post went up.

I have the sneaking feeling it may be falling apart but we'll see!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Damn, I didn't know Mcrae died... that sucks.
You're right, it is definitely ugly and chunky, haha. But kind of cool at the same time.
Yes he sadly died in a helicopter crash with his young son and a family friend and his son. Thoughts go out to his wife and daughter. Very sad indeed.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Yeah, thanks for posting about Colin's death, Hoochy.

I had no idea that he had passed. He was a tremendous driving talent who will be missed. RIP, Colin. :-(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts