WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on eBay today. Reported the listing :rodekaart- that never seems to do any good but....o|

Anyway, anyone else see whats wrong with this listing?:think:

• This is Japan Domestic Market GRAND SEIKO Automatic Watch SBGX038
  • Caliber : 9F61
  • Quartz Movement
  • Twin Pulse Control motor
  • Super Shield Cabin Structure
  • 3 Axis independent guide Structure
  • 18 Karat Gold Case
  • Display : hour, minute, second
  • Dual Curved Sapphire Glass with nonreflective coating
  • Shockproof Structure
  • Anti Magnetic
  • Everyday Life Waterproof
  • Battery Operating Time : 3 years
  • Diameter : 35.5mm
  • Thickness : 10.0mm
  • Weight : 67 gr
  • Oil Mat Finish Crocodile Leather Band
  • Band Width : 18.0mm
  • 4 Screw Fixed Back
  • Accuracy : ±10 seconds per year
  • For Women's Pair : STGF038
  • Comes with original GRAND SEIKO gift box and Japanese manual
  • MSRP in Japan : 577,500 Yen (apprx. $ 5065 USD)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Automatic watch with Quartz movement? That could be just a typo. That seller has a lot of positive feedback for watch transactions. Are you suspecting the account was hacked?

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Automatic watch with Quartz movement? That could be just a typo. That seller has a lot of positive feedback for watch transactions. Are you suspecting the account was hacked?
No, I merely reported it as misleading. The seller is also selling a Quartz GS for more than the Automatic version normally sells for in my experience but that's the free-market. The real problem is that the main header says "Automatic" and so does the text I forwarded. Strange that anyone who would pay nearly $5k would not see the problem but then again.......

·
Registered
200 Posts
No, I merely reported it as misleading. The seller is also selling a Quartz GS for more than the Automatic version normally sells for in my experience but that's the free-market. The real problem is that the main header says "Automatic" and so does the text I forwarded. Strange that anyone who would pay nearly $5k would not see the problem but then again.......
I guess that's misleading...but anyone actually reading the listing should be able to figure it out. And yes, anyone considering dropping $5k should take the time to read the listing!

FWIW, I don't think the seller is trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes - the specs are correct (right movement, lists battery life, etc.). It's probably just a typo, as Jim C noted. I might have tried to contact them directly before reporting them to ebay.

·
Registered
397 Posts
According to seiya, the GS Auto has 9S56 movement. And has model number SBGM001. This guy's info is misleading but he may have just cut & paste from another site, withouth even knowing what he's selling. :think:

Seiya link: http://www.seiyajapan.com/product/S-SBGM001

<cut & paste from Seiya>
Grand Seiko Automatic GMT Ref: SBGM001
Listed price: 472,500JPY

Made in Japan!!

Case : SS
Dial: Black
Crystal: Sapphire with non-reflection coating
Diameter: 39.2 mm (without the crown)
Thickness: 13.2 mm
Weight: 157.5 g
Movement: 9S56 (Power reserve 50Hrs.)
Accuracy: +5/-3 sec/year
-Lock up screw
-With 24 hours hands
-10 ATM water resistance

Clearly different specs. GS Auto is 472,500 Yen, so you wouldn't think the Quartz to be more, just as Docwrm pointed out. :think:

·
Registered
200 Posts
According to seiya, the GS Auto has 9S56 movement. And has model number SBGM001. This guy's info is misleading but he may have just cut & paste from another site, withouth even knowing what he's selling. :think:

Seiya link: http://www.seiyajapan.com/product/S-SBGM001

<cut & paste from Seiya>
Grand Seiko Automatic GMT Ref: SBGM001
Listed price: 472,500JPY

Made in Japan!!

Case : SS
Dial: Black
Crystal: Sapphire with non-reflection coating
Diameter: 39.2 mm (without the crown)
Thickness: 13.2 mm
Weight: 157.5 g
Movement: 9S56 (Power reserve 50Hrs.)
Accuracy: +5/-3 sec/year
-Lock up screw
-With 24 hours hands
-10 ATM water resistance

Clearly different specs. GS Auto is 472,500 Yen, so you wouldn't think the Quartz to be more, just as Docwrm pointed out. :think:
His specs are correct for the SBGX038. He even has the retail correct (577,500 yen). Take out the word 'automatic' and there's nothing wrong with the listing (as far as I can tell) - that's why I'm thinking it's a typo. Definitely should be corrected, though.

·
Registered
273 Posts
But in Seiya's the accuracy is wrong!

Regards,

Axel
Nothing wrong!? I would say a 18k gold case Grand Seiko for 577,500 Yen looks a little dodgy to mee :think:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts