WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm just curious which negative display models are the easiest to read in low light, based on the experience of the g-shockers here.

For the longest time with me, it was my Pathfinder PAW-1500Y model -- super easy to read in low light. But recently, I picked up a GD-350-1B model, and that display is amazingly easy to read in low-light!!! It's really incredible how good it is compared to many other negative display Gs. Why doesn't Casio give every negative display the same legibility??

I will post pics of mine later -- just wanted to get some other opinions of various models. And BTW, in the title maybe I should have said "pics appreciated" rather than 'pics helpful,' cause as Kung pointed out, photos are not really all that helpful here….

First my Pathfinder:

And then the GD-350-1B:

BOTH of them have very readable screens in very low-light conditions. But I'd have to give the edge to the GD-350 - I couldn't believe how good it was when I received the watch! (not only the display, but the functions and style of the watch are very good too, esp. for the price!)

Reactions: bezgeo85 and dsbe90

·
Premium Member
14,018 Posts
I just sold it today but the G7710 is super legible even in low light conditions.

Google G7710, Watch u seek, and Sedi and you will see his low light shots. I believe even Cal.45 has some low light shots if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
72 Posts
GDF-100bb
IMG_2458.JPG

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Pics are NOT helpful because some people are more skilled at photography and ANY negative display can be made to look outstandingly legible with the proper lighting and contrast.

That said, my favorite for legibility has always been the G(W)-9300GY. I don't know why but I find this one more legible than any other negative. I have had maybe 20-30 negative displays in the past. I never had a GD-350 though, and everyone always talks about that one being very legible.

·
Registered
360 Posts
No offence, but I wouldn't consider most (if not all) of the pictures above to be low-light condition. The closest of course being that depicting the GFD-100BB.

That said, I reckon the popular choice would be the GD-350-1B.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Here - a true low-light shot of my G-7710 (no lighting - just held it under my desk on a rainy day):

The G-7800B is even better - IMO slightly better than even the GD-350-1B as the background for the digits is light grey and not that amber tone of the GD-350.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Premium Member
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
No offence, but I wouldn't consider most (if not all) of the pictures above to be low-light condition. The closest of course being that depicting the GFD-100BB.

That said, I reckon the popular choice would be the GD-350-1B.
None taken, and as Kung has pointed out, pictures are fairly useless for this anyway. You really need to see the watch in person.

But quite honestly, I can read my GD-350's time when I'm "almost" in a darkened room! (i.e., there is a light at the far end of the room, at night, but I'm nowhere near it.)

I guess the point to take away is, if you never had a negative display and are concerned about the readability, try a GD-350-1B or one of the others in this thread!

·
Premium Member
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here - a true low-light shot of my G-7710 (no lighting - just held it under my desk on a rainy day):

The G-7800B is even better - IMO slightly better than even the GD-350-1B as the background for the digits is light grey and not that amber tone of the GD-350.

cheers, Sedi :)
Is there a watch in that pic??

Just kidding! :-d

Reactions: Sedi

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just sold it today but the G7710 is super legible even in low light conditions.

Google G7710, Watch u seek, and Sedi and you will see his low light shots. I believe even Cal.45 has some low light shots if I am not mistaken.
I have one of these - ill second it

·
Registered
277 Posts
GD-350 is indeed very good. It's my gym watch and very easy to read even when reading upside down, ie with no direct light on the face

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,342 Posts
My one and only watch with negative display, the 5600KG (now sold)

DSCF6129.jpg

Reactions: Time4Playnow

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Unfortunately, it's not a G-Shock, but the large numbers make it much easier to read than any other negative display watch I have:

HTH

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
In that very order:

1. GD-350 (Casio)
2. Traileader Jet (Tech4o)
3. T-49900/49903 (Timex)
4. G-7710 (Casio)
5. G-7800 (Casio)

Number one and two are fairly on par and interchangeable, depending on certain light conditions.

cheers

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have g9300gy and honestly I think it hasn't legible negative display especially in low light, but IMO this watch looks amazing ;p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts