WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What is your biggest watch? (*and is it bigger than 65mm x 60mm ^_^)

20K views 41 replies 22 participants last post by  Topher1556 
#1 ·
I went to replace a new battery for my vintage Protrek today and took some photos of the monster;-).

Meet the World's first GPS watch (65mm x 60mm:-d):

3 humongous friends... (still not as big;-))

Please show your biggest watch.

cheers~
SKy

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow Sky,

You havea Bell and Ross instrument watch! :p I think my biggest is the DW-6700 or the Antman. That GPS watch is a very cool gadget. I think it's technology is miles passed, since you have very good affordable portable GPS systems (like those Garmin sport devices), but someone had to do this for the first time. I think Casio did a cool job back then and it still looks very cool and nerdy (and I like nerdy;-))

Congrats on your newest gadget and have fun geocaching with it!

Cheers,

Sjors

#6 ·
Hi Sjors,

I think you missed my B&R thread;-): https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=165357&highlight=saving+reason

Part of the reason why I got the Bell & Ross is because I saw the clock in the main page of the forum.

By the way I am still figuring out how to use the GPS as the English manual is not found on the casio site. The manual that I have is in Japanese.

Have a good weekend.

cheers~
SKy

#5 ·
Your Protrek is the king in terms of size.:-!

My biggest watch: Seiko Galant Spring Drive.

Like a table clock.

Super thick.

Outstanding.

#20 ·
...hows the lume?...
No lume. It only relies on the contrast of the black and white dial arrangement and the cutting surface of the metal hands. It can still be seen clearly in limited light source.

My Panerai is a close second at 47mm...

You have this good stuff man. I looooove it.:-!

OH by the way this is the world biggest wristwatch:

The japanese Musk:

This monster is 90mm wide and weighs in at an astounding 715 grams or 1.6 ibs yes thats pounds not ounces hehe:rodekaart

Love the look of this monster its just so cool to use as a desk clock!:p
Oh my god.

...Am I right in thinking they were made in limited numbers, or were only available from a few dealers?
Sorry for my typo. It should be Seiko Galante.:oops:
Mine is limited edition but some similar models are available. Below is the website for this series:

http://www.galante.jp/

Cheers,

Wah

#18 ·
Hi,
well my biggest is that one:

Unfotunately I don't have any comparison pics.
No - wrong I got some, but they're not good:

It's the Citizen Autozilla and it has a diameter of 48mm and is 19mm thick, but it wears not very big on the wrist because of the integrated strap. On the last pic it's next to a "normal" Citizen Titanium 200 m Automatic which has I think 42mm diameter.
One on the wrist:

This picture is taken from some distance to get a more "natural" look, because wristshots with this big motha### from 10cm distance look ridiculous:

Greetings, Sedi:)

#27 ·
This the a chrono. It uses the spring drive technology invented by Seiko. Like other spring drive movement, it is actually a combination of mechanical movement and electric control.

In fact, from the rotor, mainspring barrel to the gear mechanism, it is exactly the same as the conventional mechanical movement. So no battery or capacitor is required since the energy storage is by mechanical spring. But the spring energy will be converted to electric energy to drive the servo mechanism to regulate the running of the glide wheel.

It doesn't like the Seiko kinetic movement that it uses the movement of the rotor to charge the battery, which is more like a quartz watch. If it is still difficult to understand, please refer to the below link:

http://www.seikospringdrive.com/flash.html?soundOn=0

Cheers,

Wah

#42 ·
I'd have to mic these when I get home to tell what the 'real' measurements are.

The SKA383 supposedly comes in at 49mm with the crown:

The Monstrum is 46mm without the crown:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.