WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, what is your favorite atomic G?

I just purchased my first solar/atomic, not sure if the atomic will work in Ireland but for sure I will enjoy the watch.

And what G did I get? My first master of G - the Riseman

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
My very first atomic G is the M5610 but my fave will have to be the 1000G, despite having the 9400J arriving soon this weekend and also having the 9200J.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Congrats on that Riseman, a nice watch for sure!

My favorite atomic G is the GW-5000:

But I plan on picking up the Rangeman in the near future which may then take top honors, we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Congrats on the Riseman, excellent piece.

You should be able to get the UK signal from Ireland without any issues. Atomic timekeeping is pretty sweet. Signals are quite reliable around the UK as long as you're not behind too many thick walls!

I suspect the Atomic G du jour will be the GW-9400 Rangeman, since it's pretty hot right now, just like the 9200 Riseman was back when it came out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lucawatch,

My favorite Atomic is the GW2310. It wears better than my GW M5610. The 2310 also syncs better than the 5610.

The GW2310 is a good looking watch, i did thought about it but not too gone on the silver around the bezel.

Looking forward to get the Rangeman but that wont happen until at least end of the year.

·
Premium Member
13,982 Posts
lucawatch,

You are right, the chrome is a bit much. However, I could not see paying double for the blacked out version which has the same functions.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Mine are from nostalgic reasons since I owned and wore my GW5600J-1 for 6+ years non-stop rarely ever taking it off, only if to clean it when it started getting funky. It synced reliably almost every night and the digits are large and readable and the cost was peanuts compared to the over inflated prices of the newer models. Second to that is the reversed display twin the GW5600BCJ-1. Third runner up would be the GW-M5600BC/GW-M5610BC.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I would have to go with GW6900, followed closely by GW2310.

I also liked GW5600J well enough to pick up the BCJ version of it as well.
I also own and like all three of these, though I'd probably rank the GW-6900 first, followed by the GW-5600J, then the GW-2310.

I really like the GW-6900 for the classic retro 6900 "look" with extra function in two of the three "eyes," the solar/atomic (of course!) and the fact that it's easily customizable with different straps, NATO/Zulu adapters, and/or different colored bezels.

Like tic-toc/g-shock, I got my GW-5600J for next to nothing, and like the "classic square" look plus the extra functions -- if it didn't use that unusual asymmetric strap I'd probably have mine mounted on a Zulu strap as well.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts