WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I'm interested in seeing some of the unique beauties that have been designed by individual members. My two favorites have always been the Boston Watch Co. Charles River, and the Carpenter Watch (Black). Unfortunately, the first one never achieved its goal, and the second doesn't appear to be making any progress :(

Capture.PNG

Reactions: krest

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
None...I see the possibilities to be ripped off, as has been the case with a few such watches.
Not claiming that the two you mentioned had such plans....Just, too many have done that.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
OK.....I'll play because I did and bought a Lew and Huey Acionna. I never, not for one second felt Chris Vail (President of Lew and Huey) was anything more or less than he said he was. On second thought. He's likely more. He's a smart man, with a very creative mind, who has done something most of us can only dream about. He took a difficult time in his life and decided to make something very positive of it. That determination was the seed that has grown quite nicely. And I get to wear one of his visions on my wrist. Yes I do!

L&H 2-14-14.JPG L&H Car.JPG

Reactions: Popeye69

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am pretty happy with my Anstead Oceanis from Kickstarter last year. It only took a few months to get and started me on the slippery slope of automatic watches.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
great to hear from you guys! seriously a beautiful design you got there :)

Co-designer of the Charles River Diver here; we're still hard at work bringing this to market! We hope to have some exciting updates before long. Thanks for including our watch in this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I have to agree with little big feather. The ease of betrayal through crowd funding keeps me away from them. A lot of projects, not only watch related, seem extremely interesting but I just cannot help myself to trust it enough to participate. I am not all too fond of having to wait on unknown amount of time before I'll even see the watch/anything. The result might be far from what I thought it would be so overall the risk is too high for me to participate. As I'm not participating to any crowd funding I do not have a favorite watch design from there either.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I don't believe in risking my money so someone can make money. I'll buy the thing at full price or used if I want one, but none have interested me at all.

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
This.
10261158_638351989575913_1453599040_n.jpg

It was the one thing that actually got me to pledge money through kickstarter.

·
Premium Member
21,502 Posts
The Eone Bradley. Quite possibly the most innovative watch design in recent history.

·
Registered
228 Posts
This.
View attachment 1494785

It was the one thing that actually got me to pledge money through kickstarter.

I hope you post pics of your Helmsman when you get yours. I wanted to get in on the bronze with the black dial, but I have to wait a while longer before I can buy again.

I'm getting the steel Passages watch by E'gard next week, which was a crowdfunded project through Indiegogo. I've been seeing pictures from others who have received their watches, and my mouth has been watering for the past 2 weeks! E'gard is a small but very dedicated and upstanding company, and they were my first contact with crowdfunding. Now that I've done more homework and learned about scams that are out there, I'm SOOOOO glad I found E'gard first!

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
Lew and Huey Riccardo, which I, unfortunately, had to back out of.

·
Premium Member
39,203 Posts
+1 on Lew & Huey, Melbourne & Egard.

All three have had forum presence to differing degrees, and in all cases I'm sure this has helped their projects - not only because their is a large pool of potential backers here, but also becuase those potential backers can converse with (and potentially learn to trust) the guys behind those projects and feel that they won't be fleeced. I'm not for a minute suggesting that presence on here immediately means you can be trusted, but for personally it helps me to make that decision.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts