WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What is your favorite MKii model?

19K views 86 replies 46 participants last post by  cybercat 
#1 · (Edited)
I know there are models that I don't own that I wish I had...so maybe ownership and picture posting isn't exactly reflective of the most popular or loved models. Which is your favorite? I for one would kill to find a Fulcrum available, or see it come back.

Kingston
Nassau
Paradise
Key West
Project 300
Crucible
Fulcrum
Vantage
Blackwater
Seafighter
Hawkinge
Quad 10
LRRP
Tornek Rayville
something that was a custom mod
something I forgot?

Note: I tried to do a poll and of course I screwed it up. Sorry.

#4 ·
The Kingston is the best one Bill ever made.

Change my mind.
I agree. The gilt dial is something else

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: reeder1
#8 ·
Wow - very Kingston heavy, which I guess isn't too surprising. Makes me want to buy one (even though I own the Nassau, which I love)! I'm super jealous of the Fulcrum pictures above. And I gotta think other people are in love with some of the smaller runs that have happened. Keep the comments coming!

#10 ·
Man, this question has got me thinking...

My favorite MKII has changed over the years. It's tough for me to say with certainty this "model" is my all time favorite, always and will be.

Prior to 2016, the Kingston. The gilt no date, Bond bezel is one of the best looking and feeling watches I've seen. I've handled plenty of BB58s and I'd still take my Kingston any day over it. (Nothing against the 58)

In 2016 I received my KW, black gilt Pepsi bezel. As a kid I always had a thing for the Rolex GMT Master. So as highly as I thought of my Kingston, and still do, the KW replaced it as my favorite and most worn watch.

Jump ahead to July of 2019, the P300 arrives. Since then it's my most worn and favorite one. It hasn't been quit a year, but I tend to have long honeymoons. The looks, fit and finish, legibility, wearability, proportions, how it looks at all angles plus all the reasons that aren't logical, but simply resonate with you. It's that damn good. Can it stay my favorite MKII for 3 years like the KW did? I don't know, but currently it is.

#15 ·
Hi all, I am interested in the MkII brand - I've been eyeing his/Bill's Nassau II for a while; just haven't pulled the trigger as yet.
Then I got reading some of the threads here & got yanked towards the Project 300. Read more about which watch the P300 is paying homage to & now I think P300 has risen to the top of the pile for my next watch!! ;-) I "blame" all of you for this! LOL! :-D (just kidding, of course....)

I see many P300 owners here which makes it the perfect place to ask a few questions: this watch is not exactly cheap. Does Bill adjust & regulate this watch to chronometer specs? It does not say "chronometer" on the dial but if memory is serving me correctly I have seen some sort of accuracy certificate that comes with the watch that shows for which positions the watch is gaining/losing seconds - it looks like a bubble map. Does this ring a bell? Or, am I mistaking it for another watch brand?
What kind of accuracy are you owners getting from the P300? From all your comments above, everyone seems to be happy with the purchase...
thanks.

#16 · (Edited)
Yes, you are thinking of MKii: Bill tests the P300 in 6 positions, and it comes with the 'bubble map'. Though he doesn't pay to get a COSC certification (many would claim it just marketing fluff anyway), I think most here would agree that his watches easily run within COSC spec. You can learn tons more by sifting through previous posts!

#19 ·
mtbmike, what size wrist do you have, if i may ask?
I have a 7" wrist & feel that the 39mm diver would look too small. this is based on my 39mm field watch. I felt that the diver should be atleast 40mm. so, I am hesitating ordering the Nassau II.
Am I off base here? thanks.

#21 ·
Such a hard question.
- I started with the Nassau (red triangle) - A great start for the brand for me. Prob the one watch I swap straps with the most.
- I ended up with 2 Key Wests (white gilt dial pepsi, black gilt dial coke) - that gilt is mesmerizing, some great pics of these.
- I had a Hawkinge, but ended up selling to a friend after some time.
- I managed to grab a PMWF Graywater, along with a supportive forum member who tracked down the original artwork! That thing is an absolute tank and love it for my trekking trips. Super crisp details with the yellow highlights and that lume is amazing!
- Project 300 was next for me. Pretty long wait, but damn did he knock it out of the park! The attention to detail and crispness is pretty mind blowing from a micro brand.

Now, the one that got away was the Fulcrum! I was looking at it as my second Mkii, but didn't bite the bullet. I think it's such an awesome piece, with blasted case and the option of grey or black for that faded look. Still want one of these for sure.

#44 ·
Such a hard question.
  • I started with the Nassau (red triangle) - A great start for the brand for me. Prob the one watch I swap straps with the most.
  • I ended up with 2 Key Wests (white gilt dial pepsi, black gilt dial coke) - that gilt is mesmerizing, some great pics of these.
  • I had a Hawkinge, but ended up selling to a friend after some time.
  • I managed to grab a PMWF Graywater, along with a supportive forum member who tracked down the original artwork! That thing is an absolute tank and love it for my trekking trips. Super crisp details with the yellow highlights and that lume is amazing!
  • Project 300 was next for me. Pretty long wait, but damn did he knock it out of the park! The attention to detail and crispness is pretty mind blowing from a micro brand.

Now, the one that got away was the Fulcrum! I was looking at it as my second Mkii, but didn't bite the bullet. I think it's such an awesome piece, with blasted case and the option of grey or black for that faded look. Still want one of these for sure.
Wow-I had the same first four watches-Nassau big crown w red triangle, the exact same two Key West's and the Hawkinge. I also had the LRRP, and now the 300. I gotta say the 300 is very nice. Key West gilt w coke also is a favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29 ·
i just wanted to let you all know that the MkII Project 300 is now on the top of my list more than the Nassau. It was a toss-up before but my being a long-time Omega fan finally won out. I've had a SMP Pro 300 Chrono for many years & still love that watch. So, i seem to dig the looks of the Seasmaster 300 more than the Sub 6538. Both are iconic watches but the Omega fan in me won out....
So I just wanted to put this out there - if any of you are thinking of selling your Project 300, please let me know/PM me. I would appreciate that. Thanks.

#38 ·
All, I have a question re. reading the "bubble" map watch accuracy sheet - what is the 6th position? I know the other 5 - pretty self explanatory.
is the 6th "position" the average of the other 5?
Am I correct in assuming Bill does not adjust & regulate with face down (FH) position?
thanks.

#45 ·
I agree that the Blackwater (and descendant Paradive) are the quintessential MKII watches. They capture the military and utilitarian nature of MKII in single watches. But, for my personal favorite MKII, I have to go with the 300. The big triangle Seamaster has always been a favorite of mine, and the 300 captures its soul as well as any piece I can think of. Having been a part of the journey from concept to completion is, of course, a big part of why it's my favorite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.