WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What is your favorite pilot!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,337 Posts
i Love these 3 Pieces but would REALLY LOVE to have a DLC Version of Them with ELABORATE HAND WIND Calibers .

all are 47mms. and that's my Favorite Size
]

the Back of A & B Dials

[IMG][IMG]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee411/tonyabouharb/aandb.jpg

·
Registered
329 Posts
IMHO,
1 Nav B Chrono Vintage
2 Nav B Uhr Gold Ed.... Which I foolishly sold! Waiting for a 44mm version to be made I hope.
3 Draw between Nav B Chrono II Black/ Asta Team LTD DLC

·
Sinn Moderator
9,806 Posts
I have a 7 1'2" wrist and I find any watch over 44 mm is too large. I prefer a 42mm case. A 47mm watch is out of the question for me. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Same here Bill. 44-45mm is it for me. I have a Nav B II hand wind which I love, but the vintage is definitely on my "want" list. For some reason black just doesn't do it for me on a pilot watch.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have a 7 1'2" wrist and I find any watch over 44 mm is too large. I prefer a 42mm case. A 47mm watch is out of the question for me. Cheers, Bill P.
47mm is fine on a 7.5inch wrist bro, If only I had a 7.5inch wrist, I would not have sold my Gold LE.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Pilot Chrono Nav-B 47mm.

Basically a Nav-B Type A with 3 (unobtrusive) sub-dials and a day/date. Easy to read at a glance and none of the sub-dials eat into the surrounding numbers (I really like this feature). Day/date is white letters/numbers on black, just like the rest of the watch face - again good, and well thought out as is the rest of the watch. There are a number of Pilot chronos on the market each with subtle and some not so subtle variations, but I have to say, Steinhart really got this design right. For a chrono, basically understated elegance.

I did have the 47mm Auto Type-B dial. Really liked it, but I needed/wanted a date which would have been out of character for that watch....

As a matter of personal preference, I just do not like DLC/Black watches and would never buy one, but that's just me.

Cheers,
KB

1 - 17 of 17 Posts