Votes: 11 11.0%
  • TESTAF / Modern Flieger GMT

Votes: 1 1.0%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There don't seem to be many polls here in the Stowa forum.
So let's correct that with a bit of fun.

What is your favourite product range from Stowa?
Tough to limit it to one I know.

You can think about the completeness of the range or the aesthetic of the common design across the range or just think which watch would you have from Stowa if you could have only one... whatever criteria you like.

For the purposes of this poll I have grouped Seatime with Prodiver but the modern Flieger GMT with TESTAF (Including the new TESTAF being designed too).
Also consider the chronographs as being part of the brand range - not being their own range. e.g. marine/1938 as part of marine range.

Ok that's enough info - vote away!

·
Premium Member
40,679 Posts
Voted Seatime, but the Antea runs it pretty close for me. I expect the Flieger to beat them both though.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I am lucky enough to have a Flieger, Antea and a Partitio and this poll is cruel, its like choosing between beloved children. I have picked the Partitio because it is a beautiful watch that doesn't get enough love on this forum. But the Anteas and Fliegers are such perfect watches...

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Also marine for me

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
The flieger line is too small for my taste, and the diver case is too large because of its blocky design. I like the Antea line, but then there's Nomos. I like the Marine watches, but then there's Dornblueth. I would choose the 1938 chronograph as I think it's the best thing Stowa has ever put out (but it's a stand alone and doesn't belong in any particular range). However, if I have to choose a "range" of watches, I'll choose the Marine's because they are the most versatile IMO, and a great looking Unitas is always a plus.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The flieger line is too small for my taste, and the diver case is too large because of its blocky design. I like the Antea line, but then there's Nomos. I like the Marine watches, but then there's Dornblueth. I would choose the 1938 chronograph as I think it's the best thing Stowa has ever put out (but it's a stand alone and doesn't belong in any particular range). However, if I have to choose a "range" of watches, I'll choose the Marine's because they are the most versatile IMO, and a great looking Unitas is always a plus.
Every time Flieger is mentioned on this forum there is your recurring quote about them being too small. I couldn't wear the Flieger if it was any larger, I think the size is perfect. Is there not a forum for large Fliegers somewhere where you could get to post some 'positive' comments?

·
Registered
629 Posts
My favourite is the Antea – I am lucky enough to currently own 4 of them. :)

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Every time Flieger is mentioned on this forum there is your recurring quote about them being too small. I couldn't wear the Flieger if it was any larger, I think the size is perfect. Is there not a forum for large Fliegers somewhere where you could get to post some 'positive' comments?
It's funny how you call me out on the "negative" comments I've made about the size, but don't mention the positive comments I've made about the quality.

There are two sides to everything. I think it's helpful to be unbiased regardless of the forum. I've given plenty of positive experiences in this particular forum if a particular model warrants it... the flieger just happens to not be one of those models for me. Glad it fits you perfectly, but obviously wrist sizes vary.

If a watch is too small for me, I'm going to say so. If it's too large, I'm going to say so. If it fits just right, I'm going to say so. Those are my personal experiences with them, and I have the right to share those experiences. That's what these forums are all about.

Who wants a forum where people just blindly praise every model of that company? It's not very realistic and not helpful for people looking for various feedback.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
The 1938 is also my favourite Stowa, and isn't it part of the Marine range?

I don't think your comparisons are very fair though. While I also prefer a Nomos over the Antea, they are 2-3 times the price. The Dornblueth are fantastic, but they also are 3-4 times the price of the Marine Original. I doubt most people who are potential buyers of a Nomos or Dornblueth would be in the market for a Stowa.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts