WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
A grail that is not expensive.... no THAT'S a plan.... ; )

Capture by Gawain33, on Flickr

Reactions: joepac and DJW GB

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just got it. Eminence

·
Registered
290 Posts
I read this thread when it first started, and thought to myself how stupid and pointless.
In watch parlance, a true 'grail' is something potentially unattainable ....
Either because it's beyond your financial means or exceedingly rare.

So why announce to the (watch collecting) World what your grail Orient is, because someone might just come along and steal it. :think:
So I kept schtum. :-x

With incredible, almost ironic timing, yesterday, a watch that I had considered a long term grail (I've watched it being re-listed over and over, time and again, on Yahoo Japan auctions for the last 20 months), but was unwilling, rather than unable, to pay the seller's asking price for - sold to someone else ! o|

It was first listed on Yahoo Japan auctions on 26th December 2011, with a pretty poor set of photos.
The seller's initial asking price was 59,500 Yen, later reduced to 39,500 and subsequently 35,000.

If you know anything about Seiko 7A38's and their derivatives, then you'll know that's still 'silly money' territory. :roll:

Here it is (or should I more correctly say) was:

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g104664844

★ORIENT by SEIKO-7A38ムーブメント搭載/1980年代 超レア品★

Like I said, lousy photos.
But this Orient J39701-70 was different. The dial carried the 1985 Indy 500 logo:

But now it's gone. :-(

Yes, I had *****ed about it on my own forum too:
Topic: Some wry observations on Orient J39 pricing - Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
For me it's the OrientStar WZ0041DV.

wz0041dv-2.jpg

Such red dials are quite rare and i think it looks absolutely amazing. Too bad it's JDM only so i'd have to import it from the land of the rising sun... One day...

·
Registered
8,161 Posts
Orient Saturation Diver 300m CFD0C001B and Orient King Diver cal.469 40th anniversary LE SEM7F002B

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm lucky enought to have many rare Orients. However, there are few that I would love to have these .... All are next to impossible to find :(
I had tried to find the titanium slide rule watch for some time (CEM58001BW) ... no luck, though :(

Of those three you posted ... WOW ! the center one, in particular, is just fantastic.

Do you happen to know the size and model number for that one?

EDIT - looks like WV0011NT 50mm Orient Mecha-Trenics (circa 2004) :)

Display back, too, for the three independent movements (!!!)

1 - 20 of 90 Posts