WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Hey Ernie,

These are the guys from the Rekord watch company. Here are a few things I know... not really opinions, just some facts.
  1. They use Chinese movements. They don't hide this in any way. They say they considered Russian movements, but went with Chinese for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the greater number of automatics available from China.
  2. They presented at the Moscow Watch Salon and in Basel (among other places). I have no opinion on this matter, but they used Russian Playboy models and actors dressed up as Stalin along with sounds of the old Soviet national anthem to draw attention. This did not go over too well in some circles. (I can't say much about the latter, with all the Soviet overtones of my site, but I think the models may have been considered a little risqué for the usually conservative watch world).
  3. They have some interesting, if not striking designs, particularly the "flying eagle" tourbillion.
  4. They seem to be pricier than most Russian brands.
Hope this helps... They will sell watches around the world, for sure. But the Chinese movement may be a handicap for buyers who want watches with true Russian movements in the...

Craig

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
If they change their way of marketing to something more reputable and dont tell such crap as... (from www.soyuz-watches.com)

"It all began when Joseph Stalin ordered the production of watches
under SOYUZ brand name at a secret armory near Moscow in 1940s.

SOYUZ was not for sale being awarded to lords of the country
and the world as a mark of distinction. It was SOYUZ that accompanied
Soviet leaders in the grand events of the 20th century.

SOYUZ watches still remain Soviet enigma of the past.
At the moment they are available in a limited edition
for dedicated admirers of prestigious timepieces." :rodekaart O|

and if they would use russian movements then I would buy them because the design of them is quite special and nice.

Phil

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
What a bad fairy tale!! <| <| <| Marketing should try something wiser than that. :rodekaart

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I must admit that they have a nice marketing strategy, except the mentioned bullshits (included the ridicolous Stalin's pic...)

And i must admit that, although the Chinese movements, some model is interesting. Like Vostok-Europe, they try to reconnect to the classic image of the Soviet-made watches. But they have no roots in the history.
The Tourbillon is interesting, but 3000 Euro for a Chinese tourbillon...the same movement can be found on $600 watches on Ebay.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Che cosa?? 3000 euros? Only in their dreams!! :-| I'll better go for Ω planet ocean instead! :-D

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Che cosa?? 3000 euros? Only in their dreams!! :-| I'll better go for Ω planet ocean instead! :-D
:-X Yes, i have read the price on the Slovakian Soyuz website - 96.000 SKK, approximately 3000 Euro... :-(

In my opinion, that Chinese-Russian tourbillon should cost not more than 1000 Euro to have some chances of success...as already said, the Chinese tourbillons are for sale for 500 Euro, so it's not an hard task. :roll:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I understand that this is an old thread, but there are some corrections that should be addressed.

The movements are actually a combination of Chinese, Japanese, and Swiss parts, assembled in Russia. These watches are marketed as at least Russian inspired watches, as they represent Russia, but as mentioned do not hide the origin of movements.

The brand Soyuz was purchased from the government of Russia in 1999, and although the history is hazy, there is a lot of credit to the story.

If anyone has any specific questions about these watches I will gladly answer any of them; including technical aspects.

I am interested to hear any other doubts/concerns from those who have experienced these watches.

VP Marketing Canada
Soyuz Watches

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hey Ernie,

These are the guys from the Rekord watch company. Here are a few things I know... not really opinions, just some facts.
  1. They use Chinese movements. They don't hide this in any way. They say they considered Russian movements, but went with Chinese for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the greater number of automatics available from China.
  2. They presented at the Moscow Watch Salon and in Basel (among other places). I have no opinion on this matter, but they used Russian Playboy models and actors dressed up as Stalin along with sounds of the old Soviet national anthem to draw attention. This did not go over too well in some circles. (I can't say much about the latter, with all the Soviet overtones of my site, but I think the models may have been considered a little risqué for the usually conservative watch world).
  3. They have some interesting, if not striking designs, particularly the "flying eagle" tourbillion.
  4. They seem to be pricier than most Russian brands.
Hope this helps... They will sell watches around the world, for sure. But the Chinese movement may be a handicap for buyers who want watches with true Russian movements in the...

Craig
As far as I know they used Russian automatic 2616 and 2627 but in the only model line "Rekord Standard". These watches can be found mostly on internal Russian market. Within two or three weeks I`m about to post presales watch group photos from some local watch sellers in my city and I had intention to enlist one of these automatic Rekord Standard if there are any left.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I understand that this is an old thread, but there are some corrections that should be addressed.

The movements are actually a combination of Chinese, Japanese, and Swiss parts, assembled in Russia. These watches are marketed as at least Russian inspired watches, as they represent Russia, but as mentioned do not hide the origin of movements.

The brand Soyuz was purchased from the government of Russia in 1999, and although the history is hazy, there is a lot of credit to the story.

If anyone has any specific questions about these watches I will gladly answer any of them; including technical aspects.

I am interested to hear any other doubts/concerns from those who have experienced these watches.

VP Marketing Canada
Soyuz Watches
Hi Andrew,

Could you please give details on the RP 2013 movement. Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ermmm...is Soyuz watches still produced or available for sale? Even their website was last updated in 2010;-)

Shahrinb-)

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using TapirTalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts