WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012-12-26_16-02-05_913.jpg 2012-12-26_16-01-35_356.jpg

Hello,

My mother inherited this functioning self-winding belt clock/watch with a silver exterior and leather snake skin designed top in perfect condition. I can't find one like it anywhere. The language on the face of the watch states "Le Jour 17 Jewels Incabloc Swiss Made". I would like to know what you think the value of it is. I have more pictures but couldn't upload any more than these 2 so let me know if you'd like to see more pictures. Thank you for your input. This is my first post in this forum so my apologies if I don't know proper protocols for postings.

Thank you,
Anna

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
It has to be a fairly rare piece but has a small market. Vintage fashion retailers might buy it as a vintage accessory. If your bargaining skills are good, take it along on your next trip to the Village (Greenwich in NYC) :)

LeJour was a French company that produced a number of interesting novel watches in part of their line. If you can picture the movement we can give an idea on the dating. My current guess would be the 50s.

Anna, nice first post! Welcome to WUS.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
I would think 1950's as well. These were often sold as suitable for golfers or other sportsmen and there is a little bit about one (not LeJour) from 1939 here: Popular Science - Google Books

We don't attempt valuations in here - there are stickies explaining why.;-)

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,629 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I would say unusual rather than rare. They do crop up from time to time, there was one one eBay last week, it may still be there (a belt watch that is, couldn't say if it was LeJour). There is even a thread on this forum this year about someone who was trying to wear one as a wristwatch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts