WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was on the subway today in a packed carriage and i spied a guy wearing a white (what appeared to be longines) watch sporting a three sub dials ala Daytona. There watch was unremarkable other then its seconds dials. The sub-dial at 3 oclock was sweep seconds AND the main seconds hands was sweeping seconds simultaneously.

I have noticed the same thing on my bosses Tag F1, which i assume has a totally different movement altogether.

My questions are:

1) what is this kind of movement, that has two seconds sweeps going together (seems a bit redunctant), and
2) is this movement sort of "upper tier" i.e. having a main seconds sweep, as opposed to a 7750 which is more recognised for its 9oclock subdial sweep and main seconds hand reserved for chrono work?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Something like this? The movement is an ETA 2894-2

Not a special movement, just a regular chronongraph with the chronograph function turned on...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Couldn't it be that he's had his chronograph started (central seconds hand) alongside with a normal time-telling mode (subdial seconds hand)? Seems like the only explanation to me...

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Slightly off-topic ... lysanderxiii, have you had a look at the Ebel 137 chrono movement (Lemania 1350 base, I believe)? If you have, what is your opinion of it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts