WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I came across this picture of an Omega recently, and I really like the strap. Anyone know what kind of strap it could be? Or perhaps know a similar strap? Hopefully in a cost-effective range.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Banned
4,491 Posts
Honey brown ostrich with contrast stitch, but I don't know who makes it. Maybe start with sponsors Freda and WatchObsession and go from there to the usual internet sources.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies!

What I'm finding on these sites so far is similar, but all of the Ostrich straps seem matte (not glossy like the one pictured) and all seem to have far too many of the dark ostrich dimples (compared to only ~2 or so for the entire upper section of this strap). The search continues! Would this be genuine ostrich or some calf-skin based one?

·
Registered
28,441 Posts
Too hard to tell from the pix, but I can tell you from experience, there is a difference between Ostrich skin straps and Ostrich leg skin straps.

I have a number of Ostrich straps and the versions made from the leg are preferred and do not have as many feather dimples as those made from the regular skin.

Give these guys a shot. They tend to have satin to polished finishes on all of their Ostrich straps as opposed to a matte finish-

Alligator Watch Bands by Sirtoli - Crocodile, Ostrich, Shark and Calf Skin Watch Straps

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Sirtoli straps look great - will definitely save that site as a bookmark.

This RGM 22mm Ostrich Strap in tan from the sales section (a few years ago) also looks similar to what I'm looking for:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts