WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Noob question.
I tried searching but obviously I don’t even know the right term to use.
What are these straps called where the spring bars are smaller than the wide end of the strap?

And if you know a place that has a bunch of options please let me know! I’m looking for one that has 18mm lug width but flares out to 22mm and tapers down to the buckle end.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
“Bulge strap” yields some unfavorable search results lol
But thanks that’s it. I have a local guy that might do this. But then I’m paying for the strap and the labor for a cheap watch

·
Registered
491 Posts
“Bulge strap” yields some unfavorable search results lol
But thanks that’s it. I have a local guy that might do this. But then I’m paying for the strap and the labor for a cheap watch

Also try "notched strap". That might get you some more results.

- Tappy Talkied

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. These all have turned up a few results. It seems this type of strap is just not that common

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Never heard “bulge strap.” That sounds kinky.

I’ve only heard them called “notched” or “notched end” straps. You can find YT videos on converting a conventional one to a notched application. I’ve done it once or twice.

Reactions: mattiey

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
I think you are looking for a "tapered" strap if the only requirement is that it goes from some large dimension at the lugs to a smaller dimension at the buckle. Standard tapers are from 2mm - 4mm. Most more radical tapers need to be custom made as there will not be a lot of widely available options ...

You can "notch" your own tapered strap if needed with an exacto knife.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts