WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What am I missing, what kind of watch do I need to experience or add to my collection?

Breitling Superocean 42:

Sinn 556i (not my picture):

Tag Heuer CAC111D Chronotimer:

Orient Star WZEL:

G-Shock:

Omega Constellation:

Suggestions on what to get? Sell? Keep?

Reactions: antiga

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Well I'm not a great fan of them, but you don't have a chronograph nor a watch with a day-date or calendar complication (G-Shock excluded ;-)). You also have only one dress watch, so maybe you'd like to add another.

Longines' Heritage collection has some nice dressier pieces which have some of the aforementioned complications.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of that Breitling or Constellation, but that's just me.

Which ones do you find yourself reaching for most and least?

Reactions: antiga

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm not a great fan of them, but you don't have a chronograph nor a watch with a day-date or calendar complication (G-Shock excluded ;-)). You also have only one dress watch, so maybe you'd like to add another.

Longines' Heritage collection has some nice dressier pieces which have some of the aforementioned complications.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of that Breitling or Constellation, but that's just me.

Which ones do you find yourself reaching for most and least?
Omega was given to me by my father, which was given to him by his father. That one has to stay.

The Orient does dress up a bit on a leather strap:

As far as a chrono goes... I would love this Tudor Heritage (but awfully expensive):

I reach for the Breitling the most, the Orient the least. The Breitling is really love it or hate it!

I think some of the pieces in the Longines collection are fantastic... but for that kind of money I feel it's better to step into a Tudor or Omega. Right?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
All I can think of, like the post above, is a chronograph. You have most of the types covered, if that's your thing. Perhaps you should consider the Sea-Gull 1963 or the Lew and Huey Riccardo, that way you get a chrono and a Chinese movement, that are both 'missing' from this collection,

Other than that, how about an Orange Monster?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A 24hr, a Russian and a skeleton.
Last Russian I had was this Poljot Aviator (it was fun, but had lume and reliability issues with the 3133 chrono movement):

I'd love one of the Final Edition Okeah's, but they are impossible to find (notice a theme on chronos here?):

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
for style, a pilot, marine, or bauhaus.

Reactions: Nokie

·
Registered
399 Posts
keep em all. depending on how large you want the collection to get i agree a chrono, gmt and/or marine should be included.. i don't feel you could go wrong with longines, tudor or omega.. in addition, my personal feeling is a nice seiko or citizen diver is at home in any collection.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Sell the TAG. I'm always looking for an excuse to expand my collection so here's a few that you could use: (i) a mechanical chronograph watch; (ii) a Rolex; (iii) a Holy Trinity watch; (iv) a Seiko; and (v) a skeletonized watch.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Your collection is missing a chrono for sure.

If I were in your shoes, I'd sell the Tag and the Sinn and get a Damasko chrono or a Speedmaster.

But since you like the Tudor, take a look at the Steinhart Racetimer. It has similar patterns, but a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your collection is missing a chrono for sure.

If I were in your shoes, I'd sell the Tag and the Sinn and get a Damasko chrono or a Speedmaster.

But since you like the Tudor, take a look at the Steinhart Racetimer. It has similar patterns, but a lot cheaper.

It definitely looks nice. It's also about $1,100.00. For that much money I'd be tempted to consider the Hamilton Pan Europ as a substitute:

Reactions: ck1109

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
You've got some solid choice in chronographs... Sell the Tag Heuer, add the funds to what you're spending and get a Speedmaster Professional?

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
The other day, I was bored and jotted down a list of watch "features" (complication or design feature) I'd like to have at some point that I don't yet... Maybe it will get you thinking of something :

Moonphase
Day/Night Indicator
One Hand
GMT
Mechanical Perpetual/Annual Calendar
Retrograde features
Jumping Hour
Regulator
Power Reserve Indicator
Internal Bezel/Dual Crown
Square/Rectangular
Cushion