WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 16. I own two invicta watches but I want to buy more watches. My invictas are big but I was just wondering what you guys think I should buy that is a decent watch for me? I can't pay more than 200 dollars cause that's my budget right now. Any suggestions on what watch brand or model I should buy? Thanx in advance for all the answers.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
You should be looking at Orient... I think they have TONS of options in your price range in lots of different styles and sizes.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Or Seiko. But do you know what you want? Sporty? Dressy? Something to wear to school everyday? Big or small? Flashy or subtle? Report back, and we will provide suggestions.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or Seiko. But do you know what you want? Sporty? Dressy? Something to wear to school everyday? Big or small? Flashy or subtle? Report back, and we will provide suggestions.
Actually I'm looking in no specific categories. Sporty, dressy, casual, flashy. I go to school, hang out with friends ,and go to church so whatever the watch style I'm sure I'll find an ovation to wear it. So I'm just wondering what styles would look good on a 16 year old. I'm not looking for something specific just different styles.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you seek an automatic I'd go for an Orient or Seiko 5. Plenty of styles to choose from. Rock solid watches and movements well above their price-point.

Reactions: Brandonu97600

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I was going to suggest exactly what AmirAli just posted, a Monster or an 007/009, so I'll just say +1 to that. Fantastic value, and would achieve what you just described--look cool to your and your friends, but can be worn anywhere, including church. Now, beyond that, I don't think this has come up yet, and forgive me if you already know this, but I don't think your commented on it, you will want to think about the great dividing point: automatic or quartz? And for me, there is sort of a third category, with the Citizen Eco and the Seiko Solar, which are not autos, but don't require periodic battery purchases. Most of the people on this forum will push automatics, myself included, but there are some snazzy selections in the Citizen Eco and Seiko Solar collections, and I bet some of them would work for a young person.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Definitely look around the for sale forum here, lots of very different watches in your price range.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
My 17 year old wears a Citizens calibre 8700 perpetual calender eco drive. I bought it on the forums for $150 on a bracelet and threw it on a $30.00 leather strap for him. It is similar to this one on Jomashop for $199.00 His has a black face instead of white. Great watch for a teen. I would also second anyone's suggestion for a Seiko Monster.

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
I can't believe it took 5 posts for someone mention a Seiko 5.

Reactions: TimeWizard
1 - 20 of 35 Posts