WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Been a member here for a while but not posted often but hope someone can help.
I remember seeing a manufacturer, fairly certain it was Swiss that did some watches very similar to the square Bell & Ross watches.

Who would it be?

Thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
I have an Invicta 4445 that looks like the B&R you mention. Despite the raging (and partially-deserved) hate for Invicta, this model is pretty decent.

~Sherry.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, not sure. The website is not the same. I can visualise the site, just not the name!
Had a background of like swiss alps/trees and the flag.

Thanks for the suggestion though :)

Andrew

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Wenger/Victorinox/Swiss Army? I think they have/had a similar looking model. Torgoen does too.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just thought I would post and say it WAS Debaufre I had seen.
Used this site Internet Archive Wayback Machine to check it out as it was in 2007 when I was looking and I remember the bit about it changing names.

Anyone know where the watches are shipped from? In UK so helpful to know if I might get customs charges.

Andrew

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Used this site Internet Archive Wayback Machine to check it out as it was in 2007 when I was looking and I remember the bit about it changing names.

Anyone know where the watches are shipped from? In UK so helpful to know if I might get customs charges.

Andrew
They are shipped from the US; Salt Lake City, Utah to be exact.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Invicta... Parnis... Stuhrling Original...

·
Registered
27 Posts
+1 spot on copies of B&R's. one on their front page. R E V U E T H O M M E N
Since Revue Thommen ("RT") has roots in the aircraft instrumentation industry. I would venture to guess that B&R is a copy of RT and not the other way around.

On a side note, RT has entered into a licensing deal with Grovana Watch Company. Recently I purchased one of their professional divers and was extremely underwhelmed by the craftsmanship, even at the $500 price point. So much so that I packed the thing up and demanded a refund. RT from the Swiss Jura region and RT via Grovana are two very different animals!

·
Registered
693 Posts

Andrew
Don't know if the Debaufre you saw was the same model as the Steinhart Aviation. If it was, steinhart ships from Germany. So no customs charges but VAT included in the price.

·
Registered
15,185 Posts
Really? As a diehard fan/owner of several RT watches, I sure would like to see what you mean.
I'm not doubting you - I just don't know about the difference you speak of.

Revue Thommen... Recently I purchased one of their professional divers and was extremely underwhelmed by the craftsmanship, even at the $500 price point. So much so that I packed the thing up and demanded a refund. RT from the Swiss Jura region and RT via Grovana are two very different animals!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts