WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it only the looks?

@altay.guney
Wear your watches with good health and joy.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
They retain the legendary shape of the very first G-Shock, so they have a certain heritage /nostalgia feel. 5600s are unabashedly 1980-esque with that octa-square shape and no-frills LCD - and that's what makes them unique. Also, they are the smallest among Gs, just as tough and can be worn under a shirt cuff. 5600s have the best value for money (limited editions excluded and so is THE GW5000)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, very good indeed. So in that case, which one would be the best for future reservation?

@altay.guney

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
As you look around, you'd discover that there are a gazillion variants of the seemingly simple square 5600 - basic models, limited color variants, solar powered variants, radio controlled variants, tidegraph variants, Bluetooth variants. Prices vary from $40 for the most basic DW5600E to $300 for the steel-cased, DLC screwback GW5000.

Whike the basic DW5600E is an easy recommendation, I'd suggest you to look around and see if you like anything specific. Also, you'd need to take a call on whether you want additional features or if you want a different colourway.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As you look around, you'd discover that there are a gazillion variants of the seemingly simple square 5600 - basic models, limited color variants, solar powered variants, radio controlled variants, tidegraph variants, Bluetooth variants. Prices vary from $40 for the most basic DW5600E to $300 for the steel-cased, DLC screwback GW5000.

Whike the basic DW5600E is an easy recommendation, I'd suggest you to look around and see if you like anything specific. Also, you'd need to take a call on whether you want additional features or if you want a different colourway.
Wow. Not to be a dead horse here but bluetooth part sounded strange...

@altay.guney

·
G-Shock Mod
14,272 Posts
There are so many 5600 variation, but they are all square :)

But if you mean the old school DW5600C, then its different.

It looks *slightly* different, it feels different (with the SS core case and it feels solidly built), it sounds different (the alarm actually sounds different), it works different (dual time, reminder feature, mini light bulb)

·
Registered
4,516 Posts

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Wow. Not to be a dead horse here but bluetooth part sounded strange...
It's called teaching an old horse new tricks. :-d And I don't think the Bluetooth G-Shocks sell too well for Casio.

Reactions: flying.fish

·
Registered
826 Posts
Nostalgia mostly.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
It's just so cool! It's like the Brother that everyone wants to have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts