WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm far from any kind of an expert on gshocks. I have only ever owned one, which I still have. Its a black 5600 with gold accents. I'm interested in obtaining another, but I can't seem to find what I am looking for, so I figured it might be time to consult the experts of the gshock forum ;-). I'd like another 5600 style case, but both solar and atomic features. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I'm far from any kind of an expert on gshocks. I have only ever owned one, which I still have. Its a black 5600 with gold accents. I'm interested in obtaining another, but I can't seem to find what I am looking for, so I figured it might be time to consult the experts of the gshock forum ;-). I'd like another 5600 style case, but both solar and atomic features. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
.....no expert either, but afaik if the model # starts with 'GW' it is solar and atomic. :think:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the GW5600 still made? The only solar 5600 I've seen recently is the olive green one without the atomic feature.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I think the GW-M5610 or some such is it's successor, although you may be able to find GW-5600 somewhere on ebay or whatnot.

·
Registered
150 Posts
gw -m5610 is the most current 5600 iteration. You can still find a used 5600J on WUS for sale from time to time and on the bay - usually for less than $100. The 5610 is approx $140. Do a search for GW-5600J and you will have one
quickly or put in a WTB for one as well. They were very common. I love the understated looks of the 5600J and bought my first a few weeks ago from here.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'd suggest GW-M5610 as well. or look for the older GW-M5600

If you want something up market and top of the range in the traditional square, you'll want the GW-5000. it's much loved by many here on WUS :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts