WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what model is this G-Shock DW-5600? It has a gold button? On the back it stated 901 DW-5600 JAPAN H. Is this fake?

Thanks!

capture4.jpg

Attachments

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
That's a nice beat up oldie. It's a DW-5600C, and I think its from a later production date, as it has no serial number (there have been a lot of different case backs on this model). I think Fer is right, that it is the "gold" version, so the DW-5600C-9. In this case, the gold version means the accents on the display and bezel were yellow, instead of red/white (sometimes referred to as "silver").

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think Fer is right, that it is the "gold" version, so the DW-5600C-9. In this case, the gold version means the accents on the display and bezel were yellow, instead of red/white (sometimes referred to as "silver").

Cheers,

Sjors

This watch has a white border line instead of gold and it has golden button. I just can't find a similar item on the web.

On the front face it has Japan o

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
the line is yellow not white, look at the top part of the watch, the bottom just looks faded. It is a DW-5600C-9c or dw-5600c-9cv I think.

DW-5600C-9V.jpg

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
I think someone put gold buttons on a silver series dw-5600c. If it was the real gold dw-5600c the border would be gold tone (it doesn't look like it is) and the screws would be gold, right?

The pic could be misrepresenting the true color of the crystal's graphic though...

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I think someone put gold buttons on a silver series dw-5600c. If it was the real gold dw-5600c the border would be gold tone (it doesn't look like it is) and the screws would be gold, right?

The pic could be misrepresenting the true color of the crystal's graphic though...
The pics I saw online show silver screws, but in his pictures the border looks like a faded yellow on the top. It might be faded because it isn't in great shape. Or it is just a DW-5600C and, like Kung-Fusion said someone put gold buttons. But I am pretty sure there is no 5600C with a white line and gold buttons.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
A little bit of brightness and contrast adjustment show there is a definite gold tint to some of the writing and the border if you compare it to the white writing for the button functions. I would say 99.9% it's the DW-5600C-9 that Fer Guzman suggested.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts