WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All

I normally post on the Omega forum but as I am looking at my first Breitling (Navitimer).

I wanted to know a little more about what modifications Breitling make to the standard Valjoux 7753 to make the Breitling Calibre 23.

Any advice would be welcome

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
14,560 Posts
All

I normally post on the Omega forum but as I am looking at my first Breitling (Navitimer).

I wanted to know a little more about what modifications Breitling make to the standard Valjoux 7753 to make the Breitling Calibre 23.

Any advice would be welcome
On the raw ebauche, beside the normal replacement of balance and mainspring with glycur and nivarox versions, many other parts (screws, plates, bridges,) are replaced with refined models allowing the movement be regulated to chronometer specifications as well as making it much more rugged and reliable. Further, in order to position the subdials in the "tri-compax" (3,6,9) positions, the "quickset date function" complication is removed for the caliber 23. All the caliber 13's Breitling remanufactures retain that function. Hope this helps...
Best,
Ron

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ron, do you know which, if any, Breitling has a 7750 movement? Were the same modifications done to it? Thanks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Any model with the subdials at 6, 9, 12 has a 7750. The new model navi with 3, 6, 9 has a 7753. The superocean heritage LE also has a 7753.
Is my Navi World a 7750? I have a magazine with the review of it but have to look for it. It makes sense, it has the same wobble as my PAM 88.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
7753 actually allows a quickset press-in button on the upper left corner at 10 o'clock position.

Hamilton Khaki Aviation XL Chrono uses this movement, has a tri-compax layout with a quick-set pusher (recessed) at 10AM.

On the raw ebauche, beside the normal replacement of balance and mainspring with glycur and nivarox versions, many other parts (screws, plates, bridges,) are replaced with refined models allowing the movement be regulated to chronometer specifications as well as making it much more rugged and reliable. Further, in order to position the subdials in the "tri-compax" (3,6,9) positions, the "quickset date function" complication is removed for the caliber 23. All the caliber 13's Breitling remanufactures retain that function. Hope this helps...
Best,
Ron

·
Registered
367 Posts
Breitlingsource has a listing of every model and which movement they have. The world begins life as a 7754.
I forgot about that site. Thanks. However, I found my magazine, Watch Time June 2006 issue and the article states the movement inside the Navi World is a 7750?!?!? What gives? I wonder who's right...

Edit: I called BUSA but the techs have left for the day. I'll find out tomorrow and update you guys.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I forgot about that site. Thanks. However, I found my magazine, Watch Time June 2006 issue and the article states the movement inside the Navi World is a 7750?!?!? What gives? I wonder who's right...

Edit: I called BUSA but the techs have left for the day. I'll find out tomorrow and update you guys.
The old model with the 6 9 12 subdials is a 7750. The new model is a 7753 with the sub dials repositioned to 3 6 9.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ok, straight from the horse's mouth. Well, the Breitling tech anyway. The Navi World does indeed have a 7750 based movement :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts