WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help a newbie. What movement is it in the picture? And also is it Swiss or Asian? How can you tell?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Well if it's a 'proper' Panerai, it'll be Swiss, and if it's not, it'll most likely be asian!!

Any more pics of the watch???

·
Moderator at Large
53,198 Posts
Isn't "Officine Panerai" imprinted/engraved mis-aligned. To me it does look so. Not sure Panerai would let that go through QC.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Isn't "Officine Panerai" imprinted/engraved mis-aligned. To me it does look so. Not sure Panerai would let that go through QC.
It's definitely misaligned also it doesn't look like the newer movements.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
It is def. missing the Swan neck regulator.
Compared to the movement in my 111 these differences I can spot:

No Swan neck regulator
Officine Panerai imprint much thicker and Blue painted
The Bridges seems to have the Collimasonee Diamant surface

Is it possible it is a legit Unitas movement with the Officine Panerai added?

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
It is def. missing the Swan neck regulator.
Compared to the movement in my 111 these differences I can spot:

No Swan neck regulator
Officine Panerai imprint much thicker and Blue painted
The Bridges seems to have the Collimasonee Diamant surface

Is it possible it is a legit ETA with the Officine Panerai added?
You're right there Janne, but I've also noticed the slight misalignment of the "Officine Panerai" lettering that had been pointed out earlier. It also seems to me that the "Collimasonee Diamant" surface finish has been stamped rather than machined (the gooves seem deep and uniform, I might be wrong ...). I've seen Sea-gull movements with a similar kind of finish (don't get me wrong, they are really nice watches for the money), I suspect it is a Chinese fake (perhaps made in Gangzhou or Liaoning?).

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Please help a newbie. What movement is it in the picture? And also is it Swiss or Asian? How can you tell?
Asian movement in a fake watch. There are a number of clues others have mentioned that show it's not a real Panerai movement, and there's no ETA logo engraved under the balance wheel - making it the Chinese knock-off movement.

If you're looking to purchase a Panerai watch, buy the seller, not the watch. Even if it comes with "box and papers" it can still be a fake. And certainly beware if the price is just too good to be true.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help. Is there any chance that is a genuine Unitas 6947 movement inside a fake watch?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts