WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so it took me a little bit to find, but my mom decided to get my brother something nice for father's day. I'll be packaging this up in a couple days to send to him.

He said he remembered getting me my Riseman for a birthday many years ago. He was out riding his mountain bike, and wished he had a watch with an altimeter. So, I thought...what better than to get that, plus atomic, solar, barometer, temperature, and a compass!!

A PAW-1200-3V (as compared to my 1300G):

Reactions: Rocat

·
7,484 Posts
Thats a great gift man :-! Lemme tell you, these Pathfinders are great for cycling. I keep mine on my handlebars in front of me so when Im riding I can check the Barometer to kep tabs if its looking like rain, this Saturday I knew when I was riding it was HOT, when I checked the Thermometer it was 103 degrees hot with the humidity...whew. I've gotten lost on some occasional get lost trips, so that Compass comes in handy when you have areas like mine that have road signs that tell you the road name, but not direction. And on those major climbs, the altimeter comes in real handy...plus it keeps records of climbs :-! So good job amigo, let us know how he likes it...hell, have him join the site :-d

·
Registered
833 Posts
Nice... I wish I was your brother;-)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Wow! That is nice. I like the orange accents. I never owned a PAW, but looking at this it kinda' makes me want to pull the trigger. :-!

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everybody! Great comments from you all. Doug, great insight from a fellow bicyclist. He used to compete in downhill moutainbike racing!!! He was...how do we say...'hard' on things ;-). Now he simply rides recreationally. He just took his nephew (who's 9 now) out on a 9 mile ride!

Wow! That is nice. I like the orange accents. I never owned a PAW, but looking at this it kinda' makes me want to pull the trigger. :-!
Bud, you won't regret it. It's fantastically light, and super thin. The little bits of orange really look nice in person. Even the display has just a hint of light orange on the ring that the seconds/compass is displayed in. And just a few orange words on the face...overall very tasteful :-!.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
What a great gift, I was eying up the 1500 the other day, I love the features these watches have, I have watched Dougies review quite a few times!

·
7,484 Posts
What a great gift, I was eying up the 1500 the other day, I love the features these watches have, I have watched Dougies review quite a few times!
What are ya waiting for amigo? Just do it :-!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts