WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What nato strap you wear with your Nassau or Kingston?
The choice of nato strap is quite extensive but not always of high quality.
Personally only two brands meet for me the specifications of the real NATO, PHOENIX and ZULUDIVER.
And you what are your favorite brands of NATO and what colors you choose for your Nassau or Kingston?
Pictures of your strap are welcome.
Best,

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Maratac for all of my MKIIs.

P1276888.JPG P6280441.JPG P7291415.JPG

·
Registered
747 Posts
I like the feel of the Phoenix, but don't like the fray at the holes. Maratacs are bullet proof. I've had the first one I bought almost 4 years ago and no fray, no stretch. Just some fading where I creased it over.

Fabien Alexandre , I buy my Maratacs at http://www.countycomm.com/

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I like Maratac, Dagaz, and Phoenix. Dagaz and Maratac are the same straps and it's easier to get the Dagaz in Canada. Only caveat there is that there are quite a bit fewer colour/colour combo options in the Dagaz range. Free shipping from Hong Kong doesn't hurt, though, and I haven't yet gone looking for something from Dagaz that hasn't been available!

Honestly, though - at this stage I'm "all in" on the Phoenix line - I really love them, though Aceldama's concerns about fray around the holes are noted. Will be trying CWS soon as well - hear great things about them.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I like the F71 from NATO Strap Co. and will go there if I want the cool color & stripe combos.

58A7128E-BE55-4F4E-ACAB-21C05EA4D0A8_zpsiysyoytg.jpg

If I want a Bond feel then I'll use the one that came as a add in option with the Kingston. Even though you hardly see the underside of the buckle, the laser etched 'Thunderball' is a nice touch. However I just need to pony up and get a 16mm Real Bond Strap from Alias Marlow..My Kingston needs it!

kingthunder.jpg

Phoenix straps are my favorite, especially the Admiralty Grey. I agree with what others said above and wish they didn't fray so much at the holes; but the weave is tighter and the feel is unlike any I own. That said I still need to try Maratac.

kingpho.jpg

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Wait, the MKII supplied bond strap says thunderball under the buckle...really!!! I'm checking mine the second I get home.

As far as bond straps go, and I've designed my own mind you, the hands down best is the 18mm Phoenix RAF bond. The colors are perfect, you get that amazing feel that only Phoenix has in a strap and you can switch out the buckle for a chunkier 18mm thumbnail type buckle to really nail the look down. Although bond worn his on a 16mm, he was also wearing a gen 6538 which is a much more, dare I say, delicate of a watch. The 18 is the perfect fit for the slightly more robust design of the Kingston

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have 2 natos that I use with my Kingston.

A all black Rhino.

And a Timefactors 'Bond'

The colours of the Bond aren't very accurate, but IMO the sandy colour goes great with the gilt dial!!

Take the Highway to the End of the Night by Adam, on Flickr

But most of the time, I wear my Kingston on a dark brown 'gator strap with a thumbnail buckle!!

DSCF0371 by Adam, on Flickr

1 - 13 of 13 Posts