WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ORIS Titan C 44mm which im selling away just because... I feel like a switch.

I'm now thinking of my next purchase. Basically, I've been eyeing the IWC top gun chrono for a long time but since buying my Pam321 (which is my expensive watch) thats out of my budget now.

Just want to hear some thoughts about the Steinharts. My budget is at about $1k +- but definitely no more than $1.2k

I like the look of the Steinhart NavB Chrono DLC Vintage:
Nav B-Chrono II black DLC.. - Chronographs - Steinhart Watches

But I don want people to consider it to be an IWC Homage or copy. What is the general consensus of this? I like the look and the feel and the overall watch itself but don't want to be mistaken as owning an IWC copy. Is Steinhart a true German Brand?

Would you say it is a German Pilot Watch if asked?

Looking into chronos now, something that could be casual yes can be quite dressed up if done properly. (I'm not into overly dressy watches, so I consider this Steinhart on a nice leather dressed up)

Besides this, are there any other suggestions that you guys would recommend? Something along the lines of a PILOT CHRONOGRAPH. Automatic or Manual Wind (I would actually prefer Manual Wind) and something which is well made but swiss/german/russian made.

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

Now, I don't know what your budget is, so a bit difficult. As for myself, I just pulled the trigger yesterday and bought an IWC 3717 pilot chrono with a leather strap. I wanted the watch to be something that can be dressed up or down with the strap/bracelet. Will be getting the watch in c. 1 week, so don't have any own photos but its this one:

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6208/6138783206_b9f0516fe7_z.jpg

Note that it's a discontinued model, so pretty difficult to find (new at least). I bought mine pre-owned. I also tried the new 3777 but it was a bit too big for my taste.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Steinhart is a real german brand, no worries !

Kemmner makes a pretty nice FliegerChrono with a Valjoux 7750, he's a german watchmaker that makes his own stuff, you can send him an e-mail with any questions and he's a great person to deal with !

I just dealt with him and got a watch from him and it's great, I'm very happy !

Kemmner Fliegerchronograph Ref 2011 Mit ETA Valjoux 7750 | eBay

Archimede is also a german brand with good value

Pilot Chronograph Automatic Eta 7750

With 1k and german watches I would recommend these 3, Kemmner, Archimede and Steinhart

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Below your budget, I know, but check out Techne for a value pilot style chronograph.

technewatches.biz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts