WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s the story on Stellaris watches?

Does anyone know a bit about this company? I’ve seen a few interesting watches from them on the bay, and one diver that I really liked. I’ve included a few pictures below. They seem to typically have electronic movements, which I find quite interesting, but I can’t find much else about the company, or just as importantly, the quality of their watches.

Thanks,

Craig

·
Registered
676 Posts
Re: What’s the story on Stellaris watches?

Google reveals two sources that say/suggest that Stellaris was a Sears-Roebuck in-house brand.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts

I bought one off ebay for 10 bucks or so, a hand winder. Loddonite is correct, my watch has Sears-Roebuck stamped on the inside of the caseback. Quality is decent, they use simple hand wind movements that I believe were widely used for the time period ( think miyota, 7s26 or 2824-2)

G

·

To me it seems to be a Private Label Brand, saw same designs from other brands too. Ebay is a good source to compare.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks for the information, gentleman. How funny that it is a store brand. I say Kudos to Sears for putting out some very interesting electronic watches! I'm still keeping my eye out for that diver; I think it's a fantastic design, quite a chunky watch, and I do love divers and electronic watches and haven't seen many out there aside from the stunning Omegas.

Best,
Craig

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I know this is a necrobump but I figured for feature reference I would add that Stellaris is a brand for sears but was made by seiko. Most of the electronic ones had the seiko 9 jewel 3302a balance wheel electric movements and some had the Swiss ESA dynatrons. O personally prefer the seiko ones because it beats at 26,600 BPH and the dynatrons beat at only 2.5 tomes a second. It looks odd and has only 7 jewels to my understanding

1 - 6 of 6 Posts