WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2531.80 seamaster off of crown and caliber and I was considering sending it into omega (swatch group USA?) to get all of the seals replaced to make sure it’s able to take a dip in the pool occasionally. What services do they offer for these older timepieces? Do they still offer replacement parts such as dials hands and bezel inserts?

·
Registered
629 Posts
I may be wrong but I don't believe Swatch Group will just replace the seals. It's a complete service or nothing https://www.omegawatches.com/custom...s-and-prices/main-steps-of-a-complete-service

Seals can be replaced by a watchmaker though, but I would still consider a full service for any watch purchased second hand unless recent service documentation is available from the seller. For this I still prefer an independent watchmaker to Swatch Group.

All spares for this model are available, a replacement dial is around US$450 or something. They don't sell bezel inserts by themselves, you must purchase the complete bezel assembly.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Yes they will do a full service on movement, seals etc.

You can’t get a bezel insert. It is a full bezel assembly and they are very expensive - around 600 USD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
I’m also wondering what Omega does for a ‘full service’ on the quartz model Seamaster Pro’s, do they touch the movement? What can they possibly do to it?

·
Registered
629 Posts
I’m also wondering what Omega does for a ‘full service’ on the quartz model Seamaster Pro’s, do they touch the movement? What can they possibly do to it?
- Electrical checks
- Movement cleaning & oiling
- Gasket replacement
- Crown and He valve replacement
- Case polishing
- Bezel / click spring cleaning
- Pressure tests
- Bracelet cleaning, refinishing and pins / tubes replacement
- Timing checks

In my case all this has been done by Al Archer who supplied extensive documentation on his work with pictures taken at every step. I was *very* impressed and now I look at quartz watches with a very different eye.

·
Banned
94 Posts
I may be wrong but I don't believe Swatch Group will just replace the seals. It's a complete service or nothing https://www.omegawatches.com/custom...s-and-prices/main-steps-of-a-complete-service

Seals can be replaced by a watchmaker though, but I would still consider a full service for any watch purchased second hand unless recent service documentation is available from the seller. For this I still prefer an independent watchmaker to Swatch Group.

All spares for this model are available, a replacement dial is around US$450 or something. They don't sell bezel inserts by themselves, you must purchase the complete bezel assembly.
Sorry, but that's not true. Omega service center will also do a partial repair where they replace the seals, crown, and HE valve.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
- Electrical checks
- Movement cleaning & oiling
- Gasket replacement
- Crown and He valve replacement
- Case polishing
- Bezel / click spring cleaning
- Pressure tests
- Bracelet cleaning, refinishing and pins / tubes replacement
- Timing checks

In my case all this has been done by Al Archer who supplied extensive documentation on his work with pictures taken at every step. I was *very* impressed and now I look at quartz watches with a very different eye.
Thank you for this info!

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
I recently bought a 2531.80 seamaster off of crown and caliber and I was considering sending it into omega (swatch group USA?) to get all of the seals replaced to make sure it’s able to take a dip in the pool occasionally. What services do they offer for these older timepieces? Do they still offer replacement parts such as dials hands and bezel inserts?
They can do anything that's needed for this watch - all parts are still available.

Yours appears to be a Luminova dial version, so sending it to Omega is fine. If you have the tritium dialed version, I would be more reluctant to send iot there, as they may change things like hands and the dial that could lower the collector value of the watch.

Cheers, Al

·
Registered
67 Posts
They can do anything that's needed for this watch - all parts are still available.

Yours appears to be a Luminova dial version, so sending it to Omega is fine. If you have the tritium dialed version, I would be more reluctant to send iot there, as they may change things like hands and the dial that could lower the collector value of the watch.

Cheers, Al
Any idea if Omega keeps record of previous services? I’m about to buy a watch that was serviced a couple years ago but the seller didn’t hold on to the receipt, so I’m wondering if I could email Omega the serial number of the watch and find out precisely what they did to the watch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Watch looks good. How would you describe the condition? I have that model, and the aluminum bezel is prone to scratching. The stainless steel case is also a scratch magnet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts