WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get a feel for the dial color, and from what I understand it's lighter in color than the other Pros have been. I thought the 300T reissue was just right but also loved the Pro 750T. Not so fond of the Seiko OM because the orange seems too light (almost yellowish) Anyone have comparison pics of the 1000T with other Pros?

Thanks in advance!
Kev

·
Registered
910 Posts
I think the 1000T dial has a matte finish vs a vibrant orange of the 750T.

What about the 1000T sharkhunter vs the 750T Sharkhunter. Ive seen some pics where the dial on the 1000T looks more matt as well.

If anyone has comparison pics of the 1000T vs 750T sharkhunter that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
My understanding is that the 1000T series, being an homage to the vintage Doxa SUB (closest to it they've made yet), all of them have a matte finish dial, with the exception of the COSC series.

The 1000T COSC however, as I understand it, go with the glossy finish same as the 750T series.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
hope this helps.

regards
scott

What about the 1000T sharkhunter vs the 750T Sharkhunter. Ive seen some pics where the dial on the 1000T looks more matt as well.

If anyone has comparison pics of the 1000T vs 750T sharkhunter that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
910 Posts
Thanks Scott, it absolutely helped. It seems that the 1000T isnt as flashy as its big brother. Still a nice looking watch thats on my "must have list" because of the vintage look. If you dont mind me asking what wrist size do you have? I have about a 7.0-7.25 inch wrist and was wondering if you thought the 1000T might look to small. I wear a Pro GMT now, and most of the time, it feels as if it fits great, but every now and then I find myself wondering how the 1000T will look. Thanks

https://www.watchuseek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=71094&d=1195747043

https://www.watchuseek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=71095&d=1195747131

https://www.watchuseek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=71093&d=1195746874

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
Thanks Scott, it absolutely helped. It seems that the 1000T isnt as flashy as its big brother. Still a nice looking watch thats on my "must have list" because of the vintage look. If you dont mind me asking what wrist size do you have? I have about a 7.0-7.25 inch wrist and was wondering if you thought the 1000T might look to small. I wear a Pro GMT now, and most of the time, it feels as if it fits great, but every now and then I find myself wondering how the 1000T will look. Thanks

Doc, nice shots of the GMT. I noticed in the photos, that the pond seems to have some pretty good viz. Hmmmmm;-):-d

·
Registered
785 Posts
<snip> Not so fond of the Seiko OM because the orange seems too light (almost yellowish) Anyone have comparison pics of the 1000T with other Pros?
I don't have other Pros, but if it's of any use here are some indoor shots (just room lights, no light box) of my 1000T with my Seiko OM of which you are familiar ... perhaps along with Dr. Pete Millar's comparison shots this will help some with the shade of orange of the 1000T:

--Keith

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
hey,

not really sure how big my wrist is. medium size if that makes sense. i have a mil ed 750t. for some reason i always felt the 750 was just a shade too big for me. however, i think the black PVD kinda hides the size a bit though. when i saw the 1000 next to a 750 at an AD, I thought wow the 1000 looks small. of course i bought a 1000 anyway :) i have not taken it off my wrist since getting it about four weeks ago. for me, it is the perfect size. here are a few more pics. hope they help. the 1000 seems to be a very close replica of the 300t vintage model.

regards
scott

Attachments

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
hey,

not really sure how big my wrist is. medium size if that makes sense. i have a mil ed 750t. for some reason i always felt the 750 was just a shade too big for me. however, i think the black PVD kinda hides the size a bit though. when i saw the 1000 next to a 750 at an AD, I thought wow the 1000 looks small. of course i bought a 1000 anyway :) i have not taken it off my wrist since getting it about four weeks ago. for me, it is the perfect size. here are a few more pics. hope they help. the 1000 seems to be a very close replica of the 300t vintage model.

regards
scott
Nice Rollie, Scott!!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
I knew I read something somewhere....

Kev (from another thread) said:
I noticed the that there is color difference in the dials of the Shark 1000 COSC and the Shark 1000. There is also a color difference in the dials of the Divingstar 1000 COSC and the Divingstar 1000. The Shark 1000 has a cool vintage looking matte black dial. The Shark COSC has an ink black dial. The Divingstar 1000 has a more mustard yellow dial as compared to the Divingstar 1000 COSC which has a more true yellow dial.
Then there was this:
Rick (from yet another thread) said:
Hi Piou, the SUB1000T is an homage to the vintage model with the same matt finished dial and case size. BUT all other models have this new striking glossy orange color

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Subk

Thanks. Here are a few more. But you know what...I have totally preferred my Doxas for a long while now. Gonna suck when the returning customer discount blows up :)

Regards
Scott

Nice Rollie, Scott!!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!

Attachments

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
Subk

Thanks. Here are a few more. But you know what...I have totally preferred my Doxas for a long while now. Gonna suck when the returning customer discount blows up :)

Regards
Scott
I know what you mean. I re-embraced my Sea-Dweller a few months back but it doesn't have the same soul as the DOXA. Rolex makes you feel isolated as a customer, like they could care-less whether you owned their watch or not. DOXA and everyone here on the forum, make you feel like family, like you're part of something bigger. That really gives that cold chunk of steel, some life.:)

Yea, it's going to suck when the discount expires but I'm hoping once it does, that DOXA will allow their ADs to help us all out a bit. Only time will tell.......

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I like the red second hand on your SD. The SD is certainly on my short list. I have the 2007 tgraph on pre-order. Rick mentioned in other posts that there soon may be another customer requested first coming up again soon. Do you think he was referring to the tgraph operating under water? Kinda interesting comments by him.

I know what you mean. I re-embraced my Sea-Dweller a few months back but it doesn't have the same soul as the DOXA. Rolex makes you feel isolated as a customer, like they could care-less whether you owned their watch or not. DOXA and everyone here on the forum, make you feel like family, like you're part of something bigger. That really gives that cold chunk of steel, some life.:)

Yea, it's going to suck when the discount expires but I'm hoping once it does, that DOXA will allow their ADs to help us all out a bit. Only time will tell.......

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
I like the red second hand on your SD. The SD is certainly on my short list. I have the 2007 tgraph on pre-order. Rick mentioned in other posts that there soon may be another customer requested first coming up again soon. Do you think he was referring to the tgraph operating under water? Kinda interesting comments by him.
Could be an underwater-pusher T-Graph. I know you and I have both been wanting to see that one.|>

If they do make it, I just hope it doesn't have SS hands. SS hands are a real pain to read underwater and to me, that would cancel out the underwater usefulness of the chronograph.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I think his comment might possibly be refering to the tgraph working under water. I know we have both been voicing our desire for that one :) LOL

SS hands? Nah...I don't think Doxa will do that. I agree, it will reflect light to much and be more difficult to read under water. I think that is a 5000t feature isn't it? Either way, we should be hearing/seeing the 2007 tgraph pretty soon.

Regards
Scott

Could be an underwater-pusher T-Graph. I know you and I have both been wanting to see that one.|>

If they do make it, I just hope it doesn't have SS hands. SS hands are a real pain to read underwater and to me, that would cancel out the underwater usefulness of the chronograph.

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
I think his comment might possibly be refering to the tgraph working under water. I know we have both been voicing our desire for that one :) LOL

SS hands? Nah...I don't think Doxa will do that. I agree, it will reflect light to much and be more difficult to read under water. I think that is a 5000t feature isn't it? Either way, we should be hearing/seeing the 2007 tgraph pretty soon.

Regards
Scott
So you're thinking they might slip the U/W pushers in on the Anniversary T-Graph? That would be a nice surprise.

The SS hands, at the time being, are a 5000T Seaconqueror feature. From my point of view, I think they should stay exclusive to the Seaconqueror.

But...I'd be willing to bet my whole watch collection that the Seaconqueror won't be the only DOXA Sub built on the 5000T platform. I hope they return to their 750T roots and build a 5000T, based on the 750. Leave the SS hands, SS markers and HRV for the flagship Seaconqueror, but create a more basic tool for us simple folk.;-)

Just judging by the pictures, it looks like the 5000T case has enough meat to it, that it could be the base for a new T-Graph. Start off with the same plug as the Seaconqueror and just machine it differently.

·
Registered
910 Posts
hey,

regards
scott
Wow, you have an amazing collection!!:p:p:p Thanks for the comparison pics. It looks like the dial is a tad bit smaller than than that of the ROLEX, but the case size makes it look great. And the bracelet actually looks a lot bigger on the 1000T vs the 750T!!:-! Ahhhh....the quest for more doxa's nevere ends does it!?

·
14,572 Posts
..........................And the bracelet actually looks a lot bigger on the 1000T vs the 750T!!:-! Ahhhh....the quest for more doxa's nevere ends does it!?
Very perceptive. This is one feature that I have really liked about the 1000T and the 600T Bracelet/case ratio gives the look that the bracelet is slightly wider than that of the 750T series;-)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts