WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The GLX-5600-7 or the G-9100-2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... the gulfman or the G Lide ( only to models i like with tide graphs). I am confused of which one to get between the two. Which one you like? If you have picture please post.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I would wait for the new gulfman that is solar atomic and has a tide graph. Should be out pretty soon. You may have to wait a couple months but I think it's the best looking. check out the baselworld 2010 posts to see pics

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
I like the Gulfman for its thick bezel and much better crystal protection. Have you thought about the G7900 it has both the Gulfmans tide graph and a very easy to see moon phase along with the Mudmans twin stopwatch. :-! The GLX5600 is a great G so you really cant go wrong. :)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I'd pick the Gulfman. IMO, if a G-Shock is going to have a moon age and tide graph, it might as well complete the package with titanium parts (which is probably why the G-Lides and the 7900s never did it for me).

I would wait for the new gulfman that is solar atomic and has a tide graph. Should be out pretty soon. You may have to wait a couple months but I think it's the best looking. check out the baselworld 2010 posts to see pics
+1 on this, but one limiting factor for the OP would be the budget. I don't see this particular model starting out cheap.

·
Registered
573 Posts
If I would have choices like an urban camo, jamin white color G Lide or Gulfman, I get both. :-!
Blue works for me on the Gulfman but I wear the black.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
New models with tide and solar atomic are coming out this summer.
However if you're not fond of the solar atomic (I personally think it's nice but overrated, and prefer the cr2025 battery of the GLX and the Gulfman), then you can choose now :)
The GLX and the Gulfman are not very different in their capacities, it's more a matter of looks and size. The GLX is slim and thin and doesn't get in the way. The Gulfman is also light but looks bigger. So it also depends on your wrist size I guess.
And, it has to be said...Get both !

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I really like the GLX, first of all because I love the DW-5600 series and second of all I am a Surfer and Casio has it advertised as a Surf watch, plus that white just pops! If you have a large wrist I wouldn't recomend the Gulfman, I had to sell mine because it had the stiffest strap ever, very uncomfortable and it wouldn't stay centered on my wrist, had to go.

·
Registered
138 Posts
get both! i think these two watches are styled very differently. do you want something more low profile (GLX-5600), or something a little more rugged and bulky (G-9100). I myself am trying to decide between the GLX-5500 and the GLX-5600

Here are some references pictures for everyone to decide

__________________G-9100__________________GLX-5600________

1 - 12 of 12 Posts