WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to have three nice luxury watches in my collection but I have nothing pulling me to buy it right now.

I currently have a 16570 Polar Explorer and a 79220N Black Bay. Looking for some suggestions on what you would buy, in order to get some inspiration!

I tend to wear the hell out of my watches, with scratches and dents being the norm. I don't baby anything I own so whatever number three is, it will definitely get worn. Looking for something in a wide $1k to $5k range.

Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Maybe an iconic Omega Speedmaster (range of prices and models, and a good chronograph to round out your collection)

Or an entry level Panerai Luminor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
A lot of different ways you can go.
Explorer I and stay in the same family, but give you something a little dressier, but still obviously tough enough for anything you can throw at it.
Zenith 1969 EP or Speedmaster to add a chronograph

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
probably not what you want to hear but if nothings calling you then I'd hold onto the cash until something does.

I'm a sucker for these kinds of threads so ill chuck my hat in the ring

At $5k you have access to most of the usual suspects from Rolex, Omega. Panerai, IWC, Cartier etc etc

A sport/dress watch would round off your collection if thats something you're aiming for?? Aqua Terra, GS Spring drive, or Cartier Santos would be worth a second look if that's the case

Something a little different? GP laureato, Zenith Defy or IWC Ingenieur.

OR save yourself few thousand and pick up a Monta Ocean King or a Sinn 104 assuming microbrands are worthy

We can narrow the search if you tell us a bit more about what you're looking for, (styles, sizes, colours etc)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
Based on what you already have, I’d recommend one of:

1- Omega Speedmaster Professional
2- Breitling Navitimer
3- Go for a new release in the Breitling Superocean ‘57 (rainbow through Hodinkee)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Gotta mix up the Rolex/Tudor loyalty with an Omega. Could go Seamaster, but why not a nice AquaTerra with grey and blue, more dressy and Colors you don’t have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,112 Posts
I just got this. Top of your budget

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Damasko DC80 on bracelet in your own preferred colourway:
10731709d_xxl_v1552718832312.jpg

Reactions: Actium

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
It's Omega time. Either SeaMaster or SpeedMaster. Lots to choose from, lots of history and pride of ownership. Like a classic BMW or Mercedes they are welcome everywhere.

Reactions: rfortson

·
Registered
31,241 Posts
image.jpg

Base Luminor, 50 million Italians can’t all be wrong!!

Reactions: Actium

·
Registered
21,045 Posts
I just got this. Top of your budget

You got one of those for 5 grand!? What a steal!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts