WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scratched most of the horological itches I've had recently and sold a few pieces that weren't getting wrist time. Find myself in my dedicated watch budget pot having £1000 to spend. Rather than spend many words trying to explain my tastes here is a pic of the state of the collection as it stands. Suggestions for £1000 purchase next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
410 Posts
I appreciate the Steinhart box is well and truly ticked here, but a pepsi bezel GMT would look good in there. Of course, I also don't consider any collection complete without a Casio F-91w, which should be just under your budget and will fill that final slot.

0c0e807e344219524db2010aa9be3c2f.jpg

IMG_20161003_205152.jpg

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
I don't see a 2 tone bezel (coke, Pepsi etc), I don't see a square watch, I don't see a moon phase and lastly I don't see an Archimede Outdoor in there or anything really like it

·
Registered
15,812 Posts
Add a bit more to the pot and get an Oris 65:

......or go pre-owned if your budget is strict.

Reactions: Ard

·
Premium Member
71,532 Posts
Erm Rusty! Why is it that you have most of the watches I could think of already? I second the Tuna idea as it would be right at home there and is a VERY nice watch. If you're not taken with the Tuna idea how about an OSD?

IMG_1724.JPG

·
Registered
263 Posts
I like the Tuna suggestion seems would add something different. I think Id get a Tuna and a Gshock Rangeman to fill the remaining slots. Not sure if that goes past the budget when you consider tax, probably close.

yadda yadda tapatalk

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
No cushion case in there. I really enjoy my Maranez. With your budget, you could go Magrette or SAS, too

layanblue.JPG
sas_a1.jpg

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea, you're good, especially on Steinhart's. Maybe sell a couple of the redundant Steinhart's and get a Grand Seiko?
I like the idea - listed one of the steinharts on Ebay . Grand Seiko is being put on the maybe list

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't see a 2 tone bezel (coke, Pepsi etc), I don't see a square watch, I don't see a moon phase and lastly I don't see an Archimede Outdoor in there or anything really like it
2 tone bezel is an option. Not a fan of square watches at all tho

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I appreciate the Steinhart box is well and truly ticked here, but a pepsi bezel GMT would look good in there. Of course, I also don't consider any collection complete without a Casio F-91w, which should be just under your budget and will fill that final slot.

View attachment 11218802

View attachment 11218818
Thecstein gmt enters the race

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Add a bit more to the pot and get an Oris 65:

......or go pre-owned if your budget is strict.
I recently got very close to buying a carl brashear bronze . Just felt it was over priced as a diver with only 100m wr. Good shout tho. It's got that vintage thing good n on which I like

1 - 20 of 56 Posts