WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, after starting my collection and buying a FOIS 5 years ago, the itch is back and I'm trying to figure out what I should buy next. I love the look of the fois, but want something on a bracelet (preferably flat link) and automatic for sure. Ideally, it should be something to wear everyday that can be worn casual or with a suit.

I've been looking at the Tudor BB Chrono (reverse panda), I love the movement. Also like the tag carrera chrono, but am concerned about them being slightly too big for my arm-- I have relatively small wrists-- 6.5"/165mm ish.

Budget is ~5k USD, any recommendations or ideas?
thanks!

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Hello, after starting my collection and buying a FOIS 5 years ago, the itch is back and I'm trying to figure out what I should buy next. I love the look of the fois, but want something on a bracelet (preferably flat link) and automatic for sure. Ideally, it should be something to wear everyday that can be worn casual or with a suit.

I've been looking at the Tudor BB Chrono (reverse panda), I love the movement. Also like the tag carrera chrono, but am concerned about them being slightly too big for my arm-- I have relatively small wrists-- 6.5"/165mm ish.

Budget is ~5k USD, any recommendations or ideas?
thanks!

How about a Tudor Pelagos? It wears smaller than you'd think, and the titanium case and bracelet are lightweight and extremely comfortable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The GMT is tooooo expensive.
I love the pelagos but was worried about the size, as it's comparable to the bb Chrono or steel but I'll take a look, big fan of titanium as well.
Guess I should go to AD and try some of these on. Any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
The GMT is tooooo expensive.
I love the pelagos but was worried about the size, as it's comparable to the bb Chrono or steel but I'll take a look, big fan of titanium as well.
Guess I should go to AD and try some of these on. Any other ideas?
Definitely try the Pelagos, I have about the same wrist size as you and it wears great IMO. How about the Tudor GMT though?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks awesome on your wrist, any reason you have it flipped over? As for the gmt, I don't love the 2 tone bezel, plus I thought sticky meant the Rolex which is nice ofc but $$$$. Also isn't the Tudor GMT the same size as the black bay steel date? How does the size of that look on our small wrist?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Looks awesome on your wrist, any reason you have it flipped over? As for the gmt, I don't love the 2 tone bezel, plus I thought sticky meant the Rolex which is nice ofc but $$$$. Also isn't the Tudor GMT the same size as the black bay steel date? How does the size of that look on our small wrist?
It’s actually not flipped over, this is the Pelagos LHD, crown is on the left side of the case, indices are creamy instead of the stark white and the date wheel is a “roulette” alternating black and red dates.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Just curious how OP came to the conclusion that the GMT is too expensive when the cheapest BB Chrono reverse panda (on a fabric strap) has a higher MSRP ($4900) right out of the box than the BB GMT on a bracelet ($4050)? On a bracelet, the Chrono is over a grand more than the GMT on bracelet, and that's assuming you can actually find the reverse panda Chrono at an AD and not have to go to the grey market route and pay nearly $7k for one...

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Just curious how OP came to the conclusion that the GMT is too expensive when the cheapest BB Chrono reverse panda (on a fabric strap) has a higher MSRP ($4900) right out of the box than the BB GMT on a bracelet ($4050)? On a bracelet, the Chrono is over a grand more than the GMT on bracelet, and that's assuming you can actually find the reverse panda Chrono at an AD and not have to go to the grey market route and pay nearly $7k for one...

He may have assumed the poster was referring to the Rolex GMT

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yaaaa definitely thought he meant a Rolex GMT as the Tudor GMT is the same size as the other BBs (as far as I know)

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
Omega Railmasters are great and often overlooked! They can be dressed up or down and fit easily within that budget.

Reactions: Woofa
1 - 15 of 15 Posts