WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a sin on here but I am confused....
I am in love with two watches but can only afford one

1st watch is the chronomat evolution with the mother of pearl face
2nd watch is the planet Ocean Omega with the 45.5mm case

I am dealing with a real honest AD of both and he recomends the Omega he says the service is better and the new co-aial movement is unbeatable.
I must say he is the first to tell me that, most AD's think of Breitling as a superior watch. This sales rep makes less for selling me the Omega so I have to at least appreciate a move that seemingly has no financial motivation.

I love the look of both watches. I love the Bling factor behind the breitling man that watch is a head turner. I also love the option of a Blue strap and a green strap on it, I think that is a nice combo. on the other hand

The omega is $1000 cheaper and it as a subtle sporty appeal to it. It does not look good on any strap other than an orange or black (not too fond of the orange). You can't even put it on a brown strap (and still have it look good anyway). He said I could have the strap of the Omega high polishedand that would add a bling factor he said they use the same steel so it would be easy, but since they are and AD they can't do it themselves.

I am a huge guy so I love big watches. I am also young so I love the bling factor of the Breitling more than I like the sporty look of the Omega but is high polishing the omega going to make it look stupid. Is the Breitling service as good as Omega? Should I even worry? will this watch have any problems? Is Breitling that much more prestigious??? What about the women factor (getting their attention I mean)?

Somebody who knows a lot about watches please HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
529 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
Evolution v. Omega Planet Ocean

This might be a sin on here but I am confused....
I am in love with two watches but can only afford one

1st watch is the chronomat evolution with the mother of pearl face
2nd watch is the planet Ocean Omega with the 45.5mm case

I am dealing with a real honest AD of both and he recomends the Omega he says the service is better and the new co-aial movement is unbeatable.
I must say he is the first to tell me that, most AD's think of Breitling as a superior watch. This sales rep makes less for selling me the Omega so I have to at least appreciate a move that seemingly has no financial motivation.

I love the look of both watches. I love the Bling factor behind the breitling man that watch is a head turner. I also love the option of a Blue strap and a green strap on it, I think that is a nice combo. on the other hand

The omega is $1000 cheaper and it as a subtle sporty appeal to it. It does not look good on any strap other than an orange or black (not too fond of the orange). You can't even put it on a brown strap (and still have it look good anyway). He said I could have the strap of the Omega high polishedand that would add a bling factor he said they use the same steel so it would be easy, but since they are and AD they can't do it themselves.

I am a huge guy so I love big watches. I am also young so I love the bling factor of the Breitling more than I like the sporty look of the Omega but is high polishing the omega going to make it look stupid. Is the Breitling service as good as Omega? Should I even worry? will this watch have any problems? Is Breitling that much more prestigious??? What about the women factor (getting their attention I mean)?

Somebody who knows a lot about watches please HELP!!!!!

My personal choice would be the Planet Ocean - large size with black bezel... but then bling is anathema to me; I like tool watches (not that the Planet Ocean is really a tool in this age of the dive computer!). IMHO do not polish a Planet Ocean and/or its bracelet; that would ruin it.

However, for you and based on your criteria it has to be the Evolution.

I hope this helps....

Cheers,

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Re: Evolution v. Omega Planet Ocean

My personal choice would be the Planet Ocean - large size with black bezel... but then bling is anathema to me; I like tool watches (not that the Planet Ocean is really a tool in this age of the dive computer!). IMHO do not polish a Planet Ocean and/or its bracelet; that would ruin it.

However, for you and based on your criteria it has to be the Evolution.

I hope this helps....

Cheers,
I'm with Alan on this one

The PO is a great watch, and if you are worried about it attracting attention, don't be. I think mine has gotten more comments that my Breitlings, apart from the Emergency with UTC but, it is bright bloody yellow!!!!!:-d

Davey

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
12,866 Posts
Hi, Davey. I couldn't stand it any longer!!!

Emergency with UTC ... is bright bloody yellow!!!!!:-d

Those two beautiful watches deserve to be in the spotlight, not the closet. Hope you don't mind a little edit work on that pic. Bright bloody yellow is supposed to be bright bloody yellow! b-) I love the composition, especially the quid and dollar notes... LOL. ;-) :-d
Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Hey Ron!
Looks much much better.....thanks for the assistance.

My Wife seems to think I need more as a CS2 how to book was under the tree!!!!

If only I could read....

Take care and have a great new year

Davey

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Hey Ron,

Those two beautiful watches deserve to be in the spotlight, not the closet. Hope you don't mind a little edit work on that pic. Bright bloody yellow is supposed to be bright bloody yellow! b-) I love the composition, especially the quid and dollar notes... LOL. ;-) :-d
Cheers,
Ron

One could almost think you are into money laundry, looking at how nice you cleaned up the bills with the watches :-d

Kind regards,

Cinq

PS: I installed 'the Gimp' for touching up my pictures but it's harder than I thought :roll:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I really don't think Breitling is a superior watch. I owned an Omega and had no problems with it (speedy moonphase). Horologically, I couldn't speak too intelligently, but I've heard the co-axial is great.

If I had to choose between the two, I would keep my Breitling. And that's just what I did. I loved the Omega, but I just didn't need two moonphase chronographs, and couldn't afford to keep both at the time. Breitling's just got a PRESENCE that I love. Both watches have great aviation history (one more in space [Omega], the other more in atmospheric flying). Women notice the Breitling more. It is more of an attention-getter than the Omega.

The Omega costs about US$450 to service. The B cost about $550, but it needed a new crystal b/c it is mineral and got scratched. That was about $100. So if you get a Breitling with a Sapphire crystal, it would be about the same cost to service. And I sent both to Walter Gooden, Inc, in LA, which is an authorized service center for both brands, so service is the same quality.

Both watches are great, but for a big guy who likes a lot of bling, the chronomat evolution would be the way to go. I do miss my speedy, though.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Alan, Davey,

Tut tut, I'm away for a couple of days and you're promoting Omegas?! Should I be reminding you about the wrath of the Breitling gods, specially you Davey (how is the hand BTW?!)

Fly-by,

'Breitling works better with the ladies'. Yeah, I wear a Breitling and I haven't noticed to be honest, do you think it might be more to do with your 'company car' (and my face?!)

UPWS

I'm biased, but go for the Breitling, an opinion based only on the make of the watch on my wrist.

Hope I've helped!

Rik.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Alan, Davey,

Tut tut, I'm away for a couple of days and you're promoting Omegas?! Should I be reminding you about the wrath of the Breitling gods, specially you Davey (how is the hand BTW?!)

Fly-by,

'Breitling works better with the ladies'. Yeah, I wear a Breitling and I haven't noticed to be honest, do you think it might be more to do with your 'company car' (and my face?!)

UPWS

I'm biased, but go for the Breitling, an opinion based only on the make of the watch on my wrist.

Hope I've helped!

Rik.
Rik,
Ah, too funny my man! :)
BUT i have to say I had the same company car when I had both an Omega and a Breitling.
As for your face, well I can't tell from your avatar. :-d But, really, what [male] face could compete with an actual B-1 (the jet)? Such a big, sexy airplane. The air farce doesn't deserve it. It should be a Navy jet!
cheers,
flyby

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was in a similar situation between the Super Avenger vs PO Chrono.

The Omega's have an aluminum bezel which is a very soft and easily dented material. Breitling's bezel is solid steel.

The Super Avenger is also larger which was a plus for me.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I know you colonials have large carriers but I'd still like to see you land a B-1 on one mate!!!:-!
Yeah, I funny I was thinking the same thing after I wrote that, Rik! It would be kind of hard....and scary :-x

1 - 15 of 15 Posts