WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
photo (36).JPG
left to right- vintage elgin 14k gold - seiko alpinist - sinn 556i - seiko skx013 - vintage zodiac calendar

I would like some advice on what to get next, what kind of watch, my budget is around $1.000 could go higher or lower. prefer smaller watches <40mm.
thanks

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
A chrono would go well with your collection.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is below your price range, but I would recommend an Orient Star. It seems like it would be a design that you would like (based off of you current selection) but will add some diversity.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking something swiss made, since I have japanese and german already.

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,077 Posts
I also have the Sinn 556i. Maybe a Damasko to accompany your lonely German?

Just picked this guy up, the DA 37. Complements the 556i well.

damaaaaskooooo.jpg

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Solid choice but i'm not sure how a 40mm would be on my 6" wrist, i think the sinn fits perfectly and would not want something much larger.

·
Premium Member
32,648 Posts
Maybe a Seiko SARB of some type? They are smaller in case size.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think that is pretty similar to my Sinn, except the white face of course, but the face is quite similar.

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
What is the difference between 2892 and something like a 2824?
Not a lot really and mostly academic as both are good performers.
I suggested it because you don't have one and I always think a variety is nice.

The one thing that is very noticeable to the end user though, is that the crown/winding action is a heck of a lot nicer than they wind-up toy feeling of the 2824. You'll also tend to find it in thinner watches too, some of which also tend to be smaller ones as per your original post suggested a preference for.

These days, the typical candidate for small, cheap 2892 watches are Hamilton.
There are more than one that I am in the market for that they have and that is a rarity for me. Don't misunderstand my suggestion as a preference for it over the 2814; it is more that I already have a fair share of 2824 and 2836 watches but only one 2892 so I want more 2892 to even out the balance.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I think that is pretty similar to my Sinn, except the white face of course, but the face is quite similar.
Yes and no. The cases and general feel of the watches will be very different. Also, the indexes on the Sinn are painted and these are metal. The Sinn is the only bracelet in your collection and your other white dials are a vintage and a more casual design with numbers.

This one (or similar) would add Swiss to your collection and IMO fill a void. Not different, just complementary to your other watches. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think i want something a little sportier than the tissot, I usually just dress in khakis and polo.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Not much choices for >40mm at the 1k mark (I have the same problem). Maybe save up a little more and look for a preown Oris Aquis 36mm?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm thinking something more complicated than just the date

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 53 Posts