WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

i'm looking for another omega as my christmas wish list. I have a speedy day-date and a planet ocean 42. Incoming is a Seamaster pro (black) (paid) and the X-33 is also on the way.

I would like to open suggestions as to what i might get next. I'd like a daily beater (something like the PO) but not the seamaster 300 (something more contemporary looking). Also eyeing the railmaster but it seems too classy for me.

Any suggestions? (no moonwatch, no Gen2 X-33, no Bond SMP or another PO).

Its a difficult choice and i dont want to go for another brand. Im happy with omegas, but my choices are stuck.

Please help. pics will be appreciated! |>

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Dude ... you are out of control.:-! However I am more than happy to provide recommendations that may facilitate your impending [insert word here] 1. Divorce 2. Bankruptcy 3. total addiction. I would check out the Railmaster Chrono. (an unsung hero but very cool) No way is it too classy. Besides, you have no class.:) So, that is a choice as well as a GMT, preferably the Great White. - David

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Hi all,

i'm looking for another omega as my christmas wish list. I have a speedy day-date and a planet ocean 42. Incoming is a Seamaster pro (black) (paid) and the X-33 is also on the way.

I would like to open suggestions as to what i might get next. I'd like a daily beater (something like the PO) but not the seamaster 300 (something more contemporary looking). Also eyeing the railmaster but it seems too classy for me.

Its a difficult choice and i dont want to go for another brand. Im happy with omegas, but my choices are stuck.

Frog, you have been a busy guy. Bond. James Bond. Or the Great White GMT like David suggested. Quite different from what you have, and you oughta be able to pick up a Bond reasonably. Good luck! John

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Hi all,

I would like to open suggestions as to what i might get next.
An appointment with your financial planner...;-)

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Let me help a brother out....

Nearly a ton of good choices. We can take a handfull of those awful G-shock and trade them. What do you say?
How about a great white. You either hate it or love it and looks great on a strap or bracelet. Its discontinued but still lots available. Here is a few pics.......

How about a MK40? Looks cool and is a super timekeeper. I wear mine often. Don't see many of them. Its a cool watch.

Maybe a DeVille? Not too dressy and is a big change from those g-shocks. You haven't got a dressy watch. Everyone needs a watch that goes with everything, right? Besides, you may get invited to a party one day and you couldn't wear on of those awful g-shocks, now could you?

How about just a date? In rodium and a pretty all round good looking watch. How about it?

With all the Speedys out there, you are limiting yourself. Everybody needs a regular hesalite speedy.
Anyway, thats a few ideas to ponder. Good luck!
jim

·
Registered
8,410 Posts
Re: Let me help a brother out....

Nearly a ton of good choices. We can take a handfull of those awful G-shock and trade them. What do you say?
How about a great white. You either hate it or love it and looks great on a strap or bracelet. Its discontinued but still lots available. Here is a few pics.......
jim
Hey! I have a couple G-Shocks. Time and place for everything!

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Re: Let me help a brother out....

I'm always impressed by your collection, Jim. You have an exceptional assortment of modern Omegas, and it's always cool to see what you have laying around.

As for the Frogman...well, you poo-pooed my sweet sweet Speedy Pro...

It sounds like you already have a couple high-quality candidates for "daily beaters." Go with what you have...or go with Speedy ;-)

eric

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Why not:

1) An Aqua Terra White/Silver Face?
2) A Speedy Pro?
3) A Chrono Diver? (2225.80)

Glimmer

Hi all,

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hahaha... FF, you are totally out of control... :-d

Last few weeks, you still struggling with the PO... now already have so many Omegas... :-!

Hi all,

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for all who replied. let me make it clear. i am not out of control and i have plenty of money to burn. so for those who think i am.....geez......to be honest with you chaps, i AM out of control and i have no money left. geez.

seriously the omega-mania is driving me crazy. notice a new thread i started asking if you do wear your omegas to bed. well i do. and still do. whether the misseus bangs her head with it, my omega won't hurt. :-! just kidding.

i have been downsizing my g-shock collections now and in fact trying to sell a couple of pieces (good quality and limited edition pieces, but its not so easy). till i get them sold, my financial status will be much better and i can plonk on what you guys have suggested.

i like the DeVille that jim mentioned with the photos. yeah, i need a dress watch, but that's gonne be costly. i like the leather croc strap as well.

the great white isnt too much of my liking. in fact i have been eyeing this but i wonder if i can change the watch face to a black one instead. the seller claims his local watch guy can do it, but im a bit skeptical and wonder if it will cost alot. what do you guys think about the watch? And is having the face replaced with a black one possible?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
i like the DeVille that jim mentioned with the photos. yeah, i need a dress watch, but that's gonne be costly. i like the leather croc strap as well.

the great white isnt too much of my liking. in fact i have been eyeing this but i wonder if i can change the watch face to a black one instead. the seller claims his local watch guy can do it, but im a bit skeptical and wonder if it will cost alot. what do you guys think about the watch? And is having the face replaced with a black one possible?
If dressy is the way you want to go, I like the DeVille much more than the Connie. And yes, going that route will cost you...but you're the one who said you had money to burn!

Bottom line, though, is this is just my personal preference...no offense taken if you disagree with me. As long as your next watch says "Omega" on it and it isn't a fake, I'll be jealous. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts