WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Not wearing one yet, but I ordered an affordable Chinese W90 just for kicks for Christmas. Once it arrives, I'll post a photo. Even the legit brands use 400mAh batteries, so until that changes, I'm not going to spend hundreds of US$ on any of them.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Her, the wife, or the watch? ;-)

Reactions: lvt

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vanilla.coffee, weren't you one of the more ardent anti-smartwatch WUS members a few months ago? ;)
Not that I recall, nope.
Unless you can search through my posts and find something to that effect - I'm confident I was and am pro smart watch.
Got my Apple watch on launch day 24th April last year and have worn it right up until I sold it in favour of the Pebble.

However, I am not convinced the concept is the future. Not yet anyway. Maybe future versions will be more useful where the cell phone can stay at home - maybe even one day, replace them? Who knows?
It is certainly useful to have notifications on the wrist where it is inappropriate to get your phone out of your pocket.

TL:DR
I am a strong advocate for any tech that makes things easy.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Was wearing the curved screen Samsung Gear S
Haven't tried the standalone phone function yet. Wearing my Deep Blue today... was wearing the Gear for a week, and switched it up today

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Thought i would post both my Smart watches, My 1st Pebble Steel and the Vector Luna side by side i did try a Moto 360 2nd gen but sold that as i could not live with the short battery life and fact the display was all but useless outside IMO plus i and not a swiping screen control man. I wear the Luna mostly but do still put the Pebble on and would never sell it Pebble as a great following better then Vector in that way but i still think the Vector looks better on my wrist again IMO.

PebVec.jpg

I wonder where 2016 will take us

Peter

·
Registered
691 Posts
pr1uk: Have you tried the pebble round?

Just wondering.
Not done so myself but i am a little curious having all the other pebbles :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
vanilla.coffee: What is that watch face in the first post?

thanks

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
pr1uk: Have you tried the pebble round?

Just wondering.
Not done so myself but i am a little curious having all the other pebbles :)
The round is a lot thiner but at the cost of battery life and compared to the Vector Luna looks like it fell out of a Xmas cracker i must admit the first photo by Vanilla coffee of the Pebble Time Steel looks nice. With me i like 2 main things side button control and a fair battery life (Luna as 30 and Steel as over a week) after all who would be silly enough to buy a watch that needs charging everyday IMO.

·
Registered
691 Posts
The round is a lot thiner but at the cost of battery life and compared to the Vector Luna looks like it fell out of a Xmas cracker i must admit the first photo by Vanilla coffee of the Pebble Time Steel looks nice. With me i like 2 main things side button control and a fair battery life (Luna as 30 and Steel as over a week) after all who would be silly enough to buy a watch that needs charging everyday IMO.
I agree with your requirements in battery life and button control.
Shame there is no real competitor to the pebble.

Only heard about the vector from you i think.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I agree with your requirements in battery life and button control.
Shame there is no real competitor to the pebble.

Only heard about the vector from you i think.
I toyed with Android Wear but screen control was just not my thing i hated it pushing a button is so easy and precise as for Vector Luna i saw one on eBay and had to buy it i had read a lot of reviews on the watch. There is only 18 watch faces but you can add what you want to them date,day, weather etc but the maker does not have all the wonderful faces and following that the Pebble as what is does have is i think it looks great battery lasts 30 days and handles notifications in a nice way. Also like the Pebble the display is on 24/7 and is easy to see even outside not like some of the newer models out there selling at a much higher cost if Vector start to get a better following and more third party faces etc they will do will. Pebble is here to stay just need a little tweeting to their designs and i hope they will do a nicer looking round one day with at least a weeks battery life.

Peter

1 - 20 of 563 Posts