WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just received my latest watch, I am stumped as to what sort of strap to put it on.

I quite like NATOs on divers, but I have several already and was wondering about a rubber strap, or is that a bit butch for a small-wristed woman?

I'm pretty sure that the bezel has been replaced - it isn't the same as the one on Michele's website. Runs very nicely, as usual.

Any ideas will be given serious consideration. Thanks, comrades!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Comrade Xanthe, I didn’t know that you are a lass!

I think black or matt 18mm stainless steel mesh would look good – or…

What about this for an alternative – It’s a stainless steel Darlena link bracelet, coated in Teflon, 18mm lug fit. I think it sort of lies between the butchness of a rubber strap and something fem, but not too feminine for the watch you have. It looks ok on me as I have slim wrists. Presently I have it on my Vostok first generation 350 Amphibia, but I think I might get something thicker at the lug end to fill out the gap in swing lug at some point, maybe something leather, but it still doesn’t look too bad. Might go well with your amphibian on a ladies wrist? You can get them for about £12 on the UK highstreet, or easily available online…

·
Registered
10,749 Posts
Having just received my latest watch, I am stumped as to what sort of strap to put it on.

I quite like NATOs on divers, but I have several already and was wondering about a rubber strap, or is that a bit butch for a small-wristed woman?

I'm pretty sure that the bezel has been replaced - it isn't the same as the one on Michele's website. Runs very nicely, as usual.

Any ideas will be given serious consideration. Thanks, comrades!
Looks completely authentic to me xanthe (oh, balance has been replaced). That watch was pictured in a '90 catalog with the black bezel (had acquired orange numbers and triangle by then).

I think you could put about anything you want on it. I personally would go for something at least water resistant like these maybe:

Enjoy your classic amphibian!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Hmmmm… I’m thinking the bottom one of those three shown in your wrist shot might look rather cool on my swing lugs Comrade Schnurrp – where might I get one of those from please???

·
Registered
10,749 Posts
Hmmmm… I’m thinking the bottom one of those three shown in your wrist shot might look rather cool on my swing lugs Comrade Schnurrp – where might I get one of those from please???
Buy here comrade Geoff:

Canvas WWII 1pc Military Army watchband Vintage MoD nato-utc IW SUISSE 16 18 20

I have found the type 350 hard to fit with a two-piece band. Because of the length of the bent sheet metal devices which receive the watch band, regular bands are transformed into long bands. I have one of mine on a "short" leather band and that seems to work.

The lug design of the 350 will also provide a little adjustment which may be necessary with the canvas band since the distance between the ends receiving the watch appear to be fixed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks completely authentic to me xanthe (oh, balance has been replaced). That watch was pictured in a '90 catalog with the black bezel (had acquired orange numbers and triangle by then).

I think you could put about anything you want on it. I personally would go for something at least water resistant like these maybe:

I really like the coloured straps, comrade schnurrp, but they don't have 18mm ones. Also very much liking the blue strap, comrade gekos, looks great with your watch.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Buy here comrade Geoff:

Canvas WWII 1pc Military Army watchband Vintage MoD nato-utc IW SUISSE 16 18 20

I have found the type 350 hard to fit with a two-piece band. Because of the length of the bent sheet metal devices which receive the watch band, regular bands are transformed into long bands. I have one of mine on a "short" leather band and that seems to work.

The lug design of the 350 will also provide a little adjustment which may be necessary with the canvas band since the distance between the ends receiving the watch appear to be fixed.
Thank you very much for the heads up Comrade Schnurrp – I’ll keep all that in mind. In the meantime, it does not look like that particular company ships to the UK – sadly it says in big red letters on my ebay.co.uk account that it does not. Shame, because they are very nice straps, which I would like to use on other watches.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Haha pliers do work most of the times, but i had a stubborn bracelet that just didnt want to be resized. In the end it just broke on me.
I suggest some heavy duty equipment:
blowtorch.jpg

·
Registered
10,749 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts

Hi Scnurrp,

Where are the ones in the top picture from?

Astute.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have gone for a black mesh...for the time being! Thank you, comrade schnurrp, for the rubber tire and Lorica info. I shall save that for the future. Also this mesh was very cheap, so we'll see how long it lasts. Cynical, moi?? But I must sing the praises of Polywatch, as plugged by my brother. WOW! From this:

to this:

Delighted with the result.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Thank you very much for the heads up Comrade Schnurrp – I’ll keep all that in mind. In the meantime, it does not look like that particular company ships to the UK – sadly it says in big red letters on my ebay.co.uk account that it does not. Shame, because they are very nice straps, which I would like to use on other watches.
I bet if you contacted them, they'd ship to to the UK. If the seller doesn't check the right boxes when setting up the listing, it excludes some countries or regions. Seeing that "Europe" is included in the areas they ship to, I'd wager they thought UK was covered, too. If not, I'd be happy to play middle man for you at no additional cost.

·
Registered
188 Posts
But I must sing the praises of Polywatch, as plugged by my brother.
... and now you will place a bulk order and attack the rest of your collection!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts