WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually wear something sophisticated with my nicer watches. Usually roll up the sleeves too just to show it off a bit LOL. What do you all wear? Or am I just picky with my attire

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
It's not about the suit, it's about the shirt...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
You work large to small - suit, shirt, tie, watch.

Not the other way around.

WATERMARKED - RGM Model 222 - Dress Suit - RESIZED.jpg

·
Registered
10,734 Posts
Nobody in the outside (REAL) world cares even a little bit about what kind of watch you are wearing--much less if your watches and clothes match in some form--to think otherwise simply suggests you need to get out more. I dress appropriately for the given situation, and wear one of my watches.

·
Premium Member
71,450 Posts
I wear a suit when I absolutely have to but wear the watch I want so if the suit and watch "clash" then tough - just so long as I'm happy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I go out enough that people do happen to notice what I wear ;) Jokes. Doesn't hurt to have a great outfit on though. especially if you meet with certain people

Nobody in the outside (REAL) world cares even a little bit about what kind of watch you are wearing--much less if your watches and clothes match in some form--to think otherwise simply suggests you need to get out more. I dress appropriately for the given situation, and wear one of my watches.

·
Registered
119 Posts
For work, I try to match strap colour with belt and shoe colour. On alternate days: black strap/black shoes/black belt, followed by burgundy strap/burgundy belt/burgundy shoes.

·
Registered
515 Posts
A suit.

Simple. A dress watch. A real dress watch.
I'm not even going to list the criteria for a dress watch.

Jim

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
My normal attire is casual but on occasions when I wear a suit, the usual suspect is my AT 2500. I'll usually put it on a back leather strap to match my shoes.

20170820_195239.jpg

·
Registered
524 Posts
I wear a dress shirt & trousers with a tie to work, and a sport coat or suit jacket for meetings. Most days, I alternate between my Explorer I, BLNR & Snowflake, but if I want to go a little more understated, I wear my Orient Star Classic on a black Horween strap.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
This is never an issue for me... I no longer have any suits in my closet! :-d

Reactions: MarcoLR

·
Registered
155 Posts
My usual watch while suited up is a white-dialed Hamilton Jazzmaster 38mm on a dark brown strap. It's simple, classy, and relatively modest. Most importantly, it fits under the cuff of the sleeve, which I prefer when suited up. I used to switch to a black strap when I'd wear black shoes, but I just recently snagged a 39mm black-dial Tissot Ballade on black leather. That's quickly becoming my standard "biz watch" for black shoes/belt days. (Yeah, I match up.) .

I usually have brown shoes/strap with blue and navy suits, and black shoes/belt/straps with light grey. Charcoal gets a variety of combos. I definitely go OCD matchy matchy with straps/belts/shoes.

While I have nicer watches, I like the simple elegance of those. They're not gaudy or boastful. I mostly suit up for meetings with "outsiders," so as a [relatively] young guy at work, I do not want to be to showy.

Now, if I want the watch to be more prominent visually, I wear a 42mm black Alpina Alpiner Chronograph, which sits at 12+mm thick and lives outside the cuff. It's a certain look for sure. If I want to be more modern, depending on the full outfit and tailoring of the suit, I sometimes roll with the Nomos Tangente. And lastly, when I go "suit sans tie" I've worn the Hamilton Khaki Field on a vintage strap, or more recently an IWC Mark XVIII Petit Prince.

That Khaki gets more compliments than all the other watches combined.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts