WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
The real Bond is in the books. There were a few moments in the first two movies when Connery channeled him pretty well. The rest are a series of more and less Fleming-flavored fun house mirrors held up to the culture of the moment, sometimes to nobody's credit.
Having read the books, no, the real Bond is, and always will be, Sean Connery--bigger than the actual books ever were.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
It’s hard to believe the Bond films survived 12 years of Roger Moore. I thought Brosnan was the closest to matching Connery’s suave debonair-ness and thought that he deserved a few more films.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Connery and Craig actually give off vibes like they would kill someone (Connery for business, Craig cuz reasons). I can't see Roger Moore being given a license to kill, and Brosnan would possibly be able to smirk them to death.

I kind of hope the next Bond watch is an Invicta, just to see how far people will take the "but Bond did it!" arguments.

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Connery and Craig actually give off vibes like they would kill someone (Connery for business, Craig cuz reasons). I can't see Roger Moore being given a license to kill, and Brosnan would possibly be able to smirk them to death.

I kind of hope the next Bond watch is an Invicta, just to see how far people will take the "but Bond did it!" arguments.
Brosnan could 'sing em to death' if his performance(s) in the Mamma Mia movies is anything to go by.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
It’s hard to believe the Bond films survived 12 years of Roger Moore. I thought Brosnan was the closest to matching Connery’s suave debonair-ness and thought that he deserved a few more films.
Pierce Brosnan is an amazing actor (and all-around decent human being from what I hear), but he really only had two good Bond films--his first two. The third one was okay at best, and the fourth one was just ridiculous and stupid. I know crazy gadgets were always a thing but an invisible Aston Martin is a step too far. I would have liked to see him do more with better writing, but I'm also glad for his post-Bond career where we got to see Brosnan really stretch his acting chops.

You're not referring to the Peter Sellers flick, by any chance, are you ? :eek:
Everyone over here debating Connery v. Moore and I'm just like "David Niven is one of the greatest actors of all time."

·
Registered
220 Posts
Everyone knows that George Lazenby was the best Bond!

But being serious, Connery and Craig are the only two good bonds. Goldeneye was fun, but the other Brosnan movies were meh.

And at the risk of causing an aneurysm or two, I’m gonna say that I think Roger Moore was an awful bond! In fact, the worst bond of them all IMO. Lazenby’s one bond movie is better than any of the Moore bonds and the Moore bond movies are generally the most rubbish of the series. Awful plots (even by the pretty ludicrous standards of Bond movies), pretty crap acting all around, monosyllabic and rubbish dialogue, a tendency to veer from scene to scene with no intelligible plot shifts and a completely unconvincing lead to top it all off!

They were cheese stuffed with cheese stuffed with cheese. I really don’t understand the love for the Moore Bond movies. They are just pants with cheddar stuffed in the pockets.

·
Registered
21,835 Posts
Everyone knows that George Lazenby was the best Bond!

But being serious, Connery and Craig are the only two good bonds. Goldeneye was fun, but the other Brosnan movies were meh.

And at the risk of causing an aneurysm or two, I’m gonna say that I think Roger Moore was an awful bond! In fact, the worst bond of them all IMO. Lazenby’s one bond movie is better than any of the Moore bonds and the Moore bond movies are generally the most rubbish of the series. Awful plots (even by the pretty ludicrous standards of Bond movies), pretty crap acting all around, monosyllabic and rubbish dialogue, a tendency to veer from scene to scene with no intelligible plot shifts and a completely unconvincing lead to top it all off!

They were cheese stuffed with cheese stuffed with cheese. I really don’t understand the love for the Moore Bond movies. They are just pants with cheddar stuffed in the pockets.
But they did have the best Bond villain ever in “Jaws” aka Richard Kiel.

I personally think the TGI and gadget ridden later Brosnan movies were the worst.

Reactions: Munkie Magik
21 - 40 of 102 Posts