WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
The "C" in Casio on the back plate looks crooked, and almost like an "O". And... 50m WR? For a G-shock?! LOL :-d

FAKE!

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Another funny thing is that the case back still says 20Bar, while the front is 50m. Someone don't know physics. ;-)

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
First thing.....the back is legit. Looks like the back of a G-2000 screwed onto another model G.

Type "Casio G-2000" into Google

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
based on my experience, a fake g-2000 has no module number in the back case - so the case might be real ??? - the bezel-screws are not "original" as the originals look like the ones in your regular G, but a little thicker - if you have a screw back G, you'd know what I am talking about

i have popped out the glass of my G-2000 to get out the dial/face to install a 5600e module, so I don't know if this "g" carries a different casio module or a crappy one

so I am 50/50 whether this is a skeleton or a fake G-2000

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Franken-G that is. Band, bezel, and case were likely original parts from a G2000-1. The LCD / module was likely from a DW-9300 Raysman, check out the old post and the video below both by long time WUS members. A lot of similarity to the picture in Post 1. Check out the alarm mode in the video.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f105/review-dw-9300-raysman-first-tough-solar-g-shock-bhree-186.html

The light color face plate with all the writing on it was either fabricated or modified from a light color G-2000.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I said in my earlier post, the face plate may be modified from a lighter color G2000. Here's a side by side comparison, so you can see the difference in the writings on the plate.
1. 12 o'clock "Water 20Bar Resist" vs. "Water Resist 50M"
2. 2 o'clock "ALM ON/OFF" vs. "Memo"
3. 4 o'clock "12/24HR" vs "Light"
4. 6 o'clock same writing and logo, but different color for "Alarm Chrono"
5. 8 o'clock identical
6. 10 o'clock "Split/Reset" vs. "Adjust"

For most Casio watches the face plate writings usually indicate additional button functions, since the main functions are already printed on the bezel. That lead me to believe it may be fabricated.

frankeng.jpg G2000silver.jpg

Reactions: TixTox
1 - 13 of 13 Posts