WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thing is I'm afraid to open the watch. As far as I understand it is to be opened from the dial. I have to go to a watchsmith. But I live in Kiev (Ukraine) and doubt very much that I can find a good one here. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Could be early Seamaster De Ville, but you'd need to open it to confirm.
1962 ST 165.020 with cal. 552.
With "Seamaster" (until 1963) or "Seamaster De Ville" (since 1963) on the dial

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, there are only "Omega" and "automatic" on the dial. How do you call the ring (in my case made of yellow metall (gold?)) which surrounds the dial under the crystal?
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I cannot see a ring under the glass on your photo, but it would be called a 'bezel'.
Yes, it should say Seamaster on the dial, at least, as it was from the Seamaster collection, so the watch could be something else. Are you sure the back doesn't come off?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for a poor quality of the pic. Well, the watch has the SS back, no screw.There is an engraving between the bottom lugs : "14K bezel stainless steel back". The only removable parts are: bezel, crystal and another inner (the above mentioned) ring. The latter is a sort of decoration, cause the dial is a couple of mm smaller than the movt. And while the ring is removed one can see edge of the movt that is bigger then the dial. Moreover, when all the parts are put on their places, this ring gives a "golden flow". And this ring almost covers the "swiss made" signature. It lloks like the manufacturers did not care whether this signature could be seen.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Perhaps this one: 1962 CK 14786, but it has a press-in back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts