WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
There’s so many options maybe you should give us a few ideas of what it is you want. Otherwise we could be suggesting a super dressy watch when in fact you’re thinking a rugged outdoor waterproof watch etc etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, budget is around £7-8k i am
more leaning towards the sportier end of the spectrum, but ideally something that could be put on a leather strap and look smart.

Should also point out i’m open to the budget cover 2 new watches, say a Tudor bb58 and a GS SBGW231.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
You seem to be drawn to iconic classics, I would say the new 44GS LE tribute SGBW047 if you can acquire one, or one of the Snowflake GSs out there. Then of course you will need a 4th at some point, a diver :) That would make a complete suite in my book, all bases covered horologically speaking.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
With that budget…I would go with 3 opinions

I will put my name on a Rolex AD for a DJ 41

Buy a Cartier Santos (it already comes with an extra leather strap)

Get an Omega Aqua Terra on bracelet + matching strap and deployant clasp

·
Registered
622 Posts
I like the idea of BB58 and SBGW231. You can put that GS on bracelet for sportier and it looks good too. But would you really wear BB58? Maybe look at BB58 in blue? Cartier Santos is nice too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I tend to agree with a reverso (if you can pull it off, unfortunately I cannot), or another JLC, Polaris maybe? Or look at GO, or, often overlooked, Girard Perregaux. Some versatility in both lineups.

Good luck, and let us know which direction you go.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the input - i’m inclined to agree with most of the comments, i love JLC as a brand but just not sure i could see myself wearing a reverso . BB58 in blue seems like a easy option but maybe to predictable, although i like the idea of using the ready of the budget to play around with more dressy options, has anyone got hands on with the new cartier tank must?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts